1988 Supra Build.. Lots of pics..

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
Finally got the block back from the machine shop. Doesn't look as nice as I was hoping for, but the machining quality is SWEET. Sorry for the somewhat fuzzy or grainy pics. Not sure what's going on with the camera. It's 10 mega pixel so its not like its a cheapie. Oh well. Here ya go.
Here's what I had done.
-Bored .020 over
-Honed
-Cleaned
-Decked
-New Toyota oil pump drive shaft bearings
-New freeze plugs
Pictures follow...
33bhe8l.jpg

akjzh4.jpg

30iuweh.jpg

Also, finally got my pistons in. No, they're not forged.. Unfortunately funds don't currently allow that expense, however they will be going out to be cryo-treated at 300 Below in Decatur, Ill. in a week or two along with the rods.

igclxi.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates! Slowly but surely!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
check the settings on the camera. bet its set to ISO and thats why its coming out so grainy.

eng bay looks good, very inspiring as ive only rattle can painted before :D

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
supra90turbo;1431520 said:
check the settings on the camera. bet its set to ISO and thats why its coming out so grainy.

eng bay looks good, very inspiring as ive only rattle can painted before :D

I'll check that on the camera when I get home. I'm at work now, camera is not here. I'll let u know.

And thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
Wow, it has been a while since any posts on here! I guess I need to step it up and get to work. I've been putting a lot of time in at work and spending more time with my wife. Not to mention its F*$%ng cold out and a pain in the ass to get the garage warm, despite the fact that I have a furnace, Kerosene 55,000 BTU forced air heater, and a wood stove. Anyway, I have made SOME progress and will post pictures soon. Nothing major at all, just some minor body work. Just trying to keep the thread going and keep everyone up to date. Thanks for reading!

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
So again, it's been a while since I've posted but here recently I've stepped it up quite a bit! Have to get ready for Indy2K10 and Chi2K10!
Here's what I've been up to!

3534m5y.jpg

dfhrlz.jpg

xg95g.jpg

aey2q9.jpg

534e54.jpg

10p6djm.jpg

aclkl.jpg

w6t7xs.jpg

That's it so far. This weekend I plan to paint the car. We'll see how that goes! (Nervous..) There's a lot of work to be done in the next 6 weeks, that's for sure.

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
I plan on it. Right now I'm taking a break from it. Been on it since 9am, time for a breather. Hoping to have most prep and hopefully edging done today. then tomorrow I can go over my prep and spray the car.