1988 1JZ exhaust system

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
Hey guys I want to go with 3in exhaust for my 1JZ swap. But I want it to look clean I dont want it touching the ground or have to worry everytime I see a speed bum.

With that being said what is a good exhuast system to purchase. And where from.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
From what I understand all a70 exhausts are exactly the same from the cat back, so you have free rein on any system (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd quite fond of the RS*R system from 935 Motorsports myself.

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
exactly the same, except for the muffler, whether or not it has a resonator, pipe size, type of metal used, bending method used...

all that being said, it is really up to you, pick which sound you like. if you are worried about cops, get something resonated.

if you are looking for something to last a long time, dont get aluminized steel.

there is a post somewhere in this section that has videos of alot of the exhausts out there, or get on google videos and start watching

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Syris;1090511 said:
So from the stock 1jz DP, I can use a standard 7m exhaust?

It will fit, but might need to be streched @ the hangers. Look into a custom sized cat or test pipe. I know I had to have a 14"(IIRC) test pipe welded up by Slow66, but I was using the Trust 3" DP. The exhaust fit fine on my stock NA (with cat).

Now with my new exhaust, it fits fine with a stock 7m cat.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I have a blitz nur-spec with a test pipe and from the y-pipe/dp from the 1J I had to push my exhaust back a little so it's snug but it was no big deal. With a lowered car it's inevitable that your gonna scrape every once in a while.