1987 Toyota Supra Drift project

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
They are great. I dont know what everyone was talking shit about them for. as you can see in the video the body roll is almost non existant and you can dial it down to drive on the highway and have it soft and fluffy like some candy ass supra drivers want. I am sure if i would have bought some buddy clubs or tiens i would be happy as well but there is nothing wrong with these coilovers (right now).

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/viAHegjFfZs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam[/video]
This is a long video with a short clip of me at 7:25 in the film. Sorry guys the nissan drivers kinda favored there own cars and neglected mine.
PS. Welded 4.30 rear end. i didnt like the gearing so i am putting the 3.76 from my LSD with the welded inards and puting it all back together before the next event July 3rd.

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
Your BOV is annoying as hell!
But I was wondering if you get any rub with the steelies?

Jk But second vid looks much better

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
Im not getting rub on anything but i rolled the fendor lips. With the gold wheels i try to never use them they suck but i can put up to a 60 series on it and still kill tires no rub. The front never rubs either they are 19 x 8.5 35 offset rear drift whites are 18 x 9 35 offset
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

shoesandsocks

NA-T MX83
Sep 1, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
looking at your second video it sounds like(based on hearing your blow of valve) u have a a very consistent consistent foot work when it comes to hitting the gas and the way your car is transitioning seems like you have found your sweet spot with your steering work to i think that your car makes enough power but just doesnt have the steering angle to keep up with it maybe some tie rod spacers or an adj tie rod if any one makes them would be a good next upgrade get your wheels to turn farther so u can hit more angle just my 2 cents but i def ran into the same problem with my cress and it sucked and that solved it for me

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
shoesandsocks;1569848 said:
looking at your second video it sounds like(based on hearing your blow of valve) u have a a very consistent consistent foot work when it comes to hitting the gas and the way your car is transitioning seems like you have found your sweet spot with your steering work to i think that your car makes enough power but just doesnt have the steering angle to keep up with it maybe some tie rod spacers or an adj tie rod if any one makes them would be a good next upgrade get your wheels to turn farther so u can hit more angle just my 2 cents but i def ran into the same problem with my cress and it sucked and that solved it for me

You know it ! I am working on the Tie rod spacers and how to get some right now. Should i make my own? (i haveonly loked arounf on SF and here to find info) Can you help me figure out a cheap or more efficiant alternative. ANy suggestions would be great. I am definetly in the market for more steering angle

mytbo87

Nov 16, 2007
Utah
Definetly getting better and better. the more comfortable you get with your car during the different angles it make you perfom better and with more confidence. another thing you might want to look into are camber plates, they will def help you with counter steering and easier to adjust the angle of drift. keep up the good work and please keep us posted.

sogi99

Jan 2, 2008
Elk Grove, CA
our suspension is different from a 240sx or a toyota corolla. We have double wishbone suspension in order to run more camber you need to get an adjustable A-arms. The camber plates won't help since it only adjust the angle of the shock not the spindle. If you want something better to lock your diff you can get a spool so it lock all the time like a welded diff Weir performance they have a website. carries them or a rebuild lsd kit. Like everybody said with more seat time you should be able to go fast entering the corner to carry more speed. Get the spacers for the rack and at least remove the nut on the bump stop to get more angle. Good luck I seldom see any 3rd gen supra drifting.

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
I just put the welded in for this last video and event. I will most liekyl be adding some 3MM spacers to my tierods so i can get more angle and hold the drift longer.
I cant wait for the next Drift Day I am swapping my 4.30 for my old 37 out of my LSD so i should be able to get more wheel spin in 3rd gear. ALL IN ALL IT IS FUN AS HELL

sogi99

Jan 2, 2008
Elk Grove, CA
With the 4.30 you should be on the sweet spot of the rev range. Just use the stock swablades with the 205 tires in them if you are just spinning them with the 4.30 just upgrade to 225 tires also inflate the tires in the back alot about 45psi. good luck and keep posting some vids of your progress.

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
Dude im Running 255 x 40 18's 38 PSI in the last video. I think the 4.30 is not in my taste the RPM max out power at around 6300 then level off. Witht he 3.7 it would pull harder all the way to the top end and past redline. I roll some 235 x 40 18 and 215 x 60 16 laster in the day and i cant seem to controll it as much. I need more angle on my steering and of course i could always use more power. I still have some 440 CC injectors i havnt put in so i think that will happen soon after i swap the gears in th rear end. I like some flashy shit so the stock sawblades are out!