1986.5 - 1992 Trunk panels the same?

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
Turbo Habanero;1459859 said:
Also the Dash Cluster and AC control

good catch...but not considered a "panel", i wouldve said the same but i was meaning the parts that will accept 89+ parts, so for example, i try and use the left side switch panel, itd work but it has cruise buttons in it. i have a pre-89 center bezel...or whatever you call it, the only thing thats changed is that delete for the headlight squirter...its just a 2 prong, hold it to close the circuit...so im going to use it for the ic sprayer mod, i have an old prelude i can rob the tubing and pump from....anyways im wandering...sorry

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Aren't there also seat belt mounting holes for the rear on 90's, or is it 91-92's? Same question about the speakers on the front side of the rear shock support

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
:rofl: at the posts, the OP didn't ask what all the differences are, rather just if the hatch panels are the same or not.

To answer the OP question, YES, there the same.

Thread/.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
yes, panels are the same, however color may be different..

if you have blue, you have nothing to worry about; it was the only color offered for every single year, burgundy is 86.5-90, medium gray is 86.5 - 90 and tan is up until 89 I believe. Shadow gray and ox blood were for 91/92 only, but if you don't care about color, it's all the same..

only real issue is targa vs hardtop, as those are different, but hardtop panels can be cut, no problem, and 89+ panels had holes for the 3 point seatbelts...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
92nsx;1460028 said:
:rofl: at the posts, the OP didn't ask what all the differences are, rather just if the hatch panels are the same or not.

To answer the OP question, YES, there the same.

Thread/.

Poodles;1459880 said:
Shoulder belts... (my 89 has em)

Um, not quite, as I mentioned the holes for the shoulder belts... There's also the issue of targe vs hardtop and the holes for the holders...

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Poodles;1460161 said:
Um, not quite, as I mentioned the holes for the shoulder belts... There's also the issue of targe vs hardtop and the holes for the holders...

Coat hooks.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
The panels will all fir the same however there were some factory mistakes. I have found panels for targa cars in the trunks of hard toppers. So far, Huey were all inside pre89 hardtops. When I put gray guts in my car years ago, I used hard top parts from another 89 so I have no targa holders... Kind of annoyng but I'm not buying different ones.