1972 Pontiac Le Supra.....(think about that one)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
If this is a repost, punch me in my neck. :biglaugh:

German Confounds Us With Pontiac LeSupra

The immediate reaction to this article sent to us by The Bouncer was an indignant cry of 'blasphemy!' What you see above is no ordinary 1972 Pontiac LeMans, indeed this dark horse has a dirty little secret. Tucked away under that sleek hood there lies no V8 engine, not even a V6, in fact, the engine wasn't even born in Detroit. It was plucked from none other than a Toyota Supra.

Pontiac LeSupra is German Built Japanese-American Hybrid

Under that familiar Pontiac skin which gave rise to the legendary Judge GTO's, rests a heart from the land of the rising sun, a 1991 Toyota Supra 7M-GTE 3.0 litre 24V turbo. The story goes that the car came to the builder as a basket case from an auction. Our hero/villain Ralf Becker decided it needed a new heart and a buddy helped him dig up the Toyota engine. That was apparently not without it's faults either, as valves and pistons had to be replaced (valve pics on Autobild are pretty beaten). The final piece of the pie, which seems to still be in the ironing out phase, is the addition of a great big turbocharger to really spice things up. We don't know if we can endorse this kind of madness, but the build is unique and will probably be pretty quick when all is said and done. That said, we're going to keep an eye on these guys, you never know what kind of shenanigans those Germans are getting into.

Discuss! :aigo:

:icon_bigg

-Jeff

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
That's a pretty cool idea. My brother and I threw around the idea of throwing a 7M into a Fox Mustang a few times, but nothing has ever come of that.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I don't think it should be named LeSupra though. I agree it has the heart of a supra but it's an engine swap. It looks really hot, I'd love to get the behind the wheel. And drive it.

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
lg_bryant_ap_01.jpg

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i think ive seen a video of it before. i love when people build cars like this. it just pisses off people who talk shit about supras.

i should buy a mustang gt and put a 7m in it, just to piss off all the mustang guys i know.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Yea, you're pretty much guaranteed to not make friends in either crowd with that car.

Personally I think it's great. I always wanted to build a 1970's Duster and drop a 7M in it and go drag racing with it just to piss everyone off.