14.7 @ 92mph, Rev Limiter or Tranny?

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Jspec7m88 said:
89Turbo:
So you DID have it on POWER? If you did, I will almost bet my car that it will work when you put it on NORMAL! :) Just find an open stretch of road long enough for you to go through 1st gear and the start of 2nd, just make sure you switch it back over to POWER once you've gotten into 2nd gear so that your other RPMs will go all the way through the RPMs. :)

Jeff

will do, but i have to more careful than most i have a speedracing ticket from a few weeks ago. may just have to find out at the track.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
ouch a speed racin ticket eh?

you going down friday night or sat night?

i might take the drive down to go watch, , would love to race you but dam car is getting hot.. and it wouldn't be worht paing 22 bucks for a one run bhg..

ive always seemed to get alot of attention down at pir when i bring my car..

at least with toyota friendly people! lol

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
pimptrizkit said:
ouch a speed racin ticket eh?

you going down friday night or sat night?

i might take the drive down to go watch, , would love to race you but dam car is getting hot.. and it wouldn't be worht paing 22 bucks for a one run bhg..

ive always seemed to get alot of attention down at pir when i bring my car..

at least with toyota friendly people! lol

was thinkin Sat. but its gunn be in the 90's which obviously is bad for racing, so maybe Friday night now....

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
89Turbo said:
was thinkin Sat. but its gunn be in the 90's which obviously is bad for racing, so maybe Friday night now....

Did you readjust you line pressure?

how well did that work? I dont remember if you have one or not but seriously dude get a decent sized oil cooler for your tranny. It generates an incredible amount of heat and i need to relocate mine because i didnt realize how hot the oil cooler could get, it bassicaly blows hot air into my IC now.

drop me a pm next time you head up to PIR i'd like to meet up and do some runs myself now that i put an end to my fuel cut issue.

you still on 8psi?

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
I mounted my Transmission Cooler in place of where my Driverside Foglight would normally sit. Putting it in place has DEFINATELY saved my ass.
If any of you Auto guys have not gotten a cooler yet, DO IT.
You can find them for pretty cheap and it's a simple mod that will help out the life of your transmission. After all, statistics say that 90% of transmission failures are a result of overheating.

...DOODA DAMNED THANG! ;)

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Jspec7m88 said:
I mounted my Transmission Cooler in place of where my Driverside Foglight would normally sit. Putting it in place has DEFINATELY saved my ass.
If any of you Auto guys have not gotten a cooler yet, DO IT.
You can find them for pretty cheap and it's a simple mod that will help out the life of your transmission. After all, statistics say that 90% of transmission failures are a result of overheating.

...DOODA DAMNED THANG! ;)

puttin mine in a couple hours before i go on Friday....

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i work friday night , but i'll jam out there and com watch and hang out

if you go to les schwab you can get 2 doallors off entry fee.... coupons of course!

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
pimptrizkit said:
i work friday night , but i'll jam out there and com watch and hang out

if you go to les schwab you can get 2 doallors off entry fee.... coupons of course!

sweeeet didnt know that, im so broke im takin back change and pop cans......

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
well, went to the track, its part rev limiter and part tranny, the shift kit that was installed in my transmission is to agressive in first gear, is this an easy fix for them or no?

ran a 14.6 @ 93mph

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Jspec7m88 said:
Well...Looks like you got .1 second quicker and 1mph faster.

THAT'S IMPROVEMENT! :D

lol, i babied it in first until it shifted then got on it, mostly everyone is down talkin me and everything but im still havin fun.(and a little bit of anger that it will be down for repair)

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
so did trign what i siad help any out there?

it should be an easy fix for them, and realisticly they should be able to fix it with the tranny in the car, drop the tranny pan, and adjust the first gear accuminlator or remove some shimms, or what every they did..

but do what ever it taks not to pay any more money! it was there mistake, make them eat it. im sure it wouldn't be a problem if you redlined at 8k.. but at 6.5k it's a problem..

any ways i would have loved to race yeah, or atleast let yeah ride in my car, but since ive been losing coolent, it's not worth pushing her.

hope this problem gets fixed, i see a 14 second flat run in your near future!