14.3@97 with 7mge

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I remember back in the day running 14.20 @ 99mph with the same 2.1 sixty foot time. I was running 11psi on a stock CT26, HKS catback, & K&N drop in stock box filter. That's with a turbo car. You did this with a non-turbo. Congrats. I'm impressed. I usually see n/a's running low 16's whenever I see them at the dragstrip.

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
that is impressive get some tires and lower that 60ft you cam rum 13's. that would be awesome some little honda type r kid getting smashed by an n/a mk3

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Dude... high five. At first I thought that was a time for a turbo. For what it is worth, I ran a ~13.5 at around 104-105 on a 320whp 1j with a similar 60'. My gearing is not well matched for the power on a drag strip, but still the fact that you're not at all far off from my old time, I'm very impressed.

What gear ratio in the diff?

ricerkid

Jul 8, 2009
St. Louis
I have wiseco pistons(smaller dish), ARP everything, Cometic HG, balanced crank, balanced rods, pacesetter header, and megan racing exhaust. The cylinder head is completely stock. Not ported or anything with stock cam and cam timing. I did all that to hit it with spray but I'm getting so far on motor, I wanna see what it'll do. The diff is the 4.30 lsd with the weir performance shim kit and spring. The megasquirt has been the hardest for me to figure out.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ricerkid (never thought I'd say this to someone with a screen name like that haha), you might be my new hero if you can get that thing into the 13's. If you can justify it and either have the skills to port it, or know someone who knows what they're doing in that respect, I'd recommend it. ;)

That, slicks, and a few other little things, you'd probably have that thing hitting well into the 13's...

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
ricerkid;1931575 said:
I have wiseco pistons(smaller dish), ARP everything, Cometic HG, balanced crank, balanced rods, pacesetter header, and megan racing exhaust. The cylinder head is completely stock. Not ported or anything with stock cam and cam timing. I did all that to hit it with spray but I'm getting so far on motor, I wanna see what it'll do. The diff is the 4.30 lsd with the weir performance shim kit and spring. The megasquirt has been the hardest for me to figure out.

Air intake/ fuel delivery?

ricerkid

Jul 8, 2009
St. Louis
The megasquirt 2 controls fuel and timing(like a standalone, stock pcm isnt in car), stock injectors, Aeromotive FPR(50psi), walbro 255, and the intake is just a 1ft aluminum pipe with a K&N filter on the end. No spray yet

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I would recommend lightened OS valves with titanium retainers running dual ferrea comp springs if you're really set on making this thing scream. While the head is out, do cams then get it ported and the intake runners mildly polished. I've heard a mirror finish will actually hurt atomization but don't quote me on that.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
http://www.weirperformance.com/finaldrivegears.html

Weir has final drives (ring and pinion) for the differential that let's you go from your stock 4.30 all the way up to a 5.71. shorter gears = faster acceleration (but lower top speed). Also rebuilding your diff and shimming it properly will help your launch and 60ft times. head work / valvetrain might help too.