13.9 sec mkiii lexus afm with 440 engine did not blow???

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Anh said:
OK...what about those Supras that produce sub 10:1 a/f fueling with standard injectors , standard fuel pump, with standard fuel pressure and a standard AFM at boost levels before fuel cut kicks in?

What about the 80-90% injector duty cycles reported with S-AFCII's and E-manage on the injectors at WOT near 6000 rpm?

Do you really need 550cc when Supras with the stock turbo run this rich as it is?

Its one thing to tune w/ your stock 440's, its another to slap on a lexus AFM and go boost happy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Part throttle fuel trim is done by feedback. So your around town driving doesn't mean shit.

The only problem will be WOT or hard acceleration, where the signal is incorrect. And yes, with the overly rich factor built in, you can probably get away with non calibrated meter if you are not at elevated power levels, with good tuning.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the hole lex afm 440's is bunch of bs you can run them but you have to tune your car for them that si all

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
so my question is...

is an AFPR enough to tune for Lex AFM and 440s? with say a 57 trim running stock or near stock (< 12psi) boost? 550s are pretty far down the road for me money wise, but I have the Lex and turbo now.. and will have AFPR soon enough.. but i dont plan on turning boost up very high, if at all.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
brad92t said:
so my question is...

is an AFPR enough to tune for Lex AFM and 440s? with say a 57 trim running stock or near stock (< 12psi) boost? 550s are pretty far down the road for me money wise, but I have the Lex and turbo now.. and will have AFPR soon enough.. but i dont plan on turning boost up very high, if at all.

Brad;

I just dynoed my car on Friday, and made 320whp/343lbs tq @ 11.7psi. I have a .57 Trim CT, w/ a 10 degree exhaust clip, Lex maf, stock injectors, and a Aeromotive vfpr. No tuning, mbc, and a waste gate actuator that would not allow me to turn up the boost any more.:icon_mad: My a/f ratio was 11.6/1 over the whole pull. I do not know what duty cycle the injectors were pulling, but, my fuel pressure was 45lbs. in vacuum. Car still seemed rich, with alot of black smoke and a loud back-fire after my bov vented! I will be hooking up my SAFC II and my Blitz ebc in the near future, along with installing my Walbro. 550's are in my near future too, but for now the car is running safely (as long as my fuel pump keeps pumping!):x: