13.8 @ 100mph NA-T 88 Supra

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Just got back from Street wars Wednesday night drags, Took a few runs to get dialed in but finally was able to get a 13.885 @ 100.75 MPH with a 2.134 60 ft

Mods:

Original 88 7MGE 140,660 miles
CT 26 Turbo 9 PSI
Drift motion Front mount intercooler and 2.5 inch piping
Drift motion NA-T turbo oil line kit
2.5 Inch Exhaust with Catalytic converter
AFR's iin the mid 10's under full boost
Automatic
Stock Sawblades with falken zeix 225/50R 16 on the rear

I think it was a good run, Full interior and full size spare was in car at the time too.. Now time to get tuned with the Neo and up the boost a little :)

Thanks

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Well when your tuned you wont hit fuel cut until 13-14 PSI.. I hear no detonation at 9 PSI and the computer has a safety and will pull back timing thats why I don't see why so many people worry about detonation.. I just got back from in and out so Im going to upload the videos right now :)

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Hopefully someone can tune in.. I am automatic and am experiencing the whole bouncing off rev limiter/ slow mushy shift problem.. Anything I can do to fix this? I have heard everything from shimming the springs in the trans to TPS adjustment.. I think I could get my times down a bit if it would shift faster.. It shifts really slow

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I would adjust the tps and kickdown cable. Then do a stall test. Does it do it in etc too? And its an rpm flare not a late shift? What gears slip?

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
shit good 2 know cause i have rebuilt motor with 57trim at 9 psi 3in no cat back from dowinpipe back arps mhg shimmed oil pump everything else stock....i made 267hp and 284tq on dyno without my safc neo installed so hopefully when i install the neo and tune her ill be at low to mid 13s on my same setup....

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
get an upgraded tranny cooler as well..

also the Turbo auto is a bit stronger than the NA auto, so don't go boosting too much, as you might blow it up when you lease expect it..

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I thought it only had a few extra fibers. +1 on a cooler and fluid flush if you have not already. You can also back off the gas slightly between shifts to keep it from slipping.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I guess its real common with the Lexus people as well.. 1st and 2nd gear shifts bounce off rev limiter because they shift to late... This has no kick down cable thats not what it is.. That is the throttle cable to control line pressure.. It is locked all the way full

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Oh yeah forgot about this.. Here is the slip and video.. Sorry for the crappy video.. My camera is awesome but the digital zoom sucks :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4JkPbR5i0

p1638891_1.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Really IJ? Well what should I do tonight for the drags.. I don't have the automatic linkage or throttle body.. Where does the cable connect to on the turbo model? So should I leave it unlocked or locked for tonight?

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I learned in transmission class today. Toyotas that are electonicly shifted use a throttle cable to control line pressure, not shift timing. So in affect all you did was increase line pressure for more clamp force and less efficency. Your transmission is slipping or the car thinks your at low throttle slowing shifts for better feel. I would do a stall test and adjust your tps.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I wouldn't drive it hard without the cable hooked up in some way Devin, as noted it's adjustable line pressure, pulled out it's High pressure all the way in is low pressure, my comment was directed at people that have a working Auto TB with the cable hooked up but insist on clamping the cable full on giving harsh light throttle shifts and somehow thinking this is better....

Stock at full throttle you get the high pressure non slipping shifts with the bonus of gentle shifts when cruising.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Correct, I just don't have the linkage as the turbo parts I took off of a 5 speed car.. Thats why I locked it full.. It would be doing the same thing as if it were hooked up a full throttle.. I am going to play with the TPS but I hate to do that.. I might end up getting another transmission, shimming the springs and get a high stall torque converter.. My transmission acts up in the colder weather (65F and below) doesn't come out of lock up when cold and have to put it in neutral at stop lights and almost do a semi small neutral drop to get rolling otherwise it will kill the engine if I put it into gear.. It makes me wonder because this trans was rebuilt in 04 probably by some jank shop who didn't know what they were doing..