12V Mod issues.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
I see. Will move it back to 'zero' this weekend than. I'll be back with the results.
Ma bad for not answering all thr questions, just got off work, it's almost 2000, and I'm beat...

EDIT:
What if I just open TB a little more, and have it idle at lets say 1200-1500 rpm ? that should get rid of the stalling prob, right ?

Last edited:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
ifyouaint1sturlast;1817984 said:
That is an elaborate way of saying "Your cams [strike]are[/strike] may be the issue" ;)

Fixed that for ya! ;)

mensrea;1818181 said:
I see. Will move it back to 'zero' this weekend than. I'll be back with the results.

It may not be the solution, but it's a good place to start for a baseline. What worked with factory cams generally won't work well with upgraded ones. You've got a completely different profile. Regardless, you're not going to get a perfectly smooth idle at factory RPM with upgraded cams, it's just the name of the game. 272's would be far worse, but 264's are enough to see a difference. It's probably going to run a little rich down low no matter what you do. The solution is generally to raise the idle to avoid stalling and the motor loading up with fuel due to the incomplete combustion. This is where you're moving into standalone territory. The engine characteristics are reaching the point where the baseline Toyota tune just isn't a good match. Remember with piggyback scaling (especially with a system that has a few datapoints as an AFC), you're just scaling the factory tune, with occasional unintended consequences like changes in ignition timing.

mensrea;1818181 said:
Ma bad for not answering all thr questions, just got off work, it's almost 2000, and I'm beat..

Remember, the engine, turbo, exhaust, engine management, ignition, fuel system, etc are all part of a complete system. If you don't describe each mod, we're going to assume everything is stock and come up with incorrect answers.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Here's my complete mod list:
1J, PTE 6265, FMIC, SAFC 2, AVC-R, STEALTH/BLITZ ECU, HKS 264's/Gears (-6 Ex), AFPR, Fuel rail, AEM UEGO, Walbro 400, 12v Mod, DLI, Coils, 550's.

Just got done readjusted the TPS set screw, and realized that I was screwing with the wrong one last time I did it. Also, my TPS voltage was waaay off (must've happened when I f***ed with set screw). Readjusted everything (TPS ~ 0.65v closed, ~ 3.799v open (100%/WOT). Got it to idle under 1200 RPM. Sounds good so far. Gonna go get some gas, and take it for a spin. Also, bumped BFP up to ~31 PSI.