[video=youtube;XblH2jBO9o4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XblH2jBO9o4[/video]

Skip to 13:26 and enjoy.

Talk about reliability 7M can be flogged 12 hours straight and win

Should note. John Smith is driving one of the Mr2

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
I have a ton of pictures of out cars in racing form (Minolta/Dunlop/Rally) but there's nothing better than seeing them in action, on video, during their prime time. Great video!

sddriver

Jun 1, 2008
SoCal,
Nice vid. It's pretty cool to see how closely the cars still resemble street cars. I'm surprised the MR2 wasn't closer to the Supra since I figure the lighter weight would give it an edge in cornering and on consumables.

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
IIRC this car is Production class ,in other words extremely restricted when it comes to mods thus quite slow. In real endurance races from back in the days under Group.A regulations ,which were usually 24 hours long , there were very few Turbo Supras that ever managed to get to the finish ,most of the retirements were of course melted pistons and BHG.

For example in the best endurance race in the world (24 hours of spa) the factory team TOMs entered 2 times with 3 turbo MA70 Supras each time but were never able to get one car to the end of the race. At the same time a 7M-GE powered Supra build by a small private European team finished 4th in the race in 1988 ,so the 7M reliable Supras where all Naturally Aspirated :)