12 V Fuel Pump Rewire Problem

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Hey guys,
So I finally got my fuel issue sorted out, bad connection by my connector going into the fuel tank, and thanks alot to all those who helped me trouble shoot it!! SO... My next question is...
I did the 12 V fuel mod and got all the wire hooked up and the relay all set up but I couldnt get the pump to turn on, I am not sure if it is my relay (view the posted pictures) or something else (I just tried to follow Shaeff's diagrams and how to's). So does anyone know if there is something I can try or common problems, I just hooked the Fp and B+ together to bypass the Fuel Pump Relay and Tried to link the two for the resistor (can bad connections make the new relay not work?), but the car will start when the resistor, fuel pump relay and the fuel pump wire is hooked back up to the stock b+ wire for the fuel pump.
If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome, maybe I miss interpreted the wiring diagram on my relay, maybe someone could tell me what goes where? Thanks again, you guys rock!!

Attachments

• Connectors 1.JPG
    Connectors 1.JPG
    335.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Diagram 1.JPG
    Diagram 1.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 32

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Your relay looks to be fine, but my question is this... are you using the B+ that is inside of your diagnostic block or going straight to the battery? If you are using the B+ in your diagnostic block then right there can be your problem. I tried using the B+ from the diagnostic block in my 12V fuel pump mod and it wouldn't work for the life of me... so I tried going straight to the battery positive and it worked like a charm.

I suppose that the B+ in the diagnostic block just goes bad after some time? Or there is a break in my wiring, along with several other peoples wiring? I am not sure what it is, but I know that my Supra isn't the only one where the B+ doesn't have 12V like it should have.

Good luck with getting it going.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
No it has a direct connection (fused to the battery) I hooked the battery feed up to the 30 positon, the fuelpump power up to one of the two 87 and then the ground and stock fuel pump wire up to the 85 and 86 positions. But Like I said no luck getting the pump to power up, I think it might be something to do with the fuel pump resistor/relay bypass. Can the 12v mod be tested before disconnecting the fuel pump relay and resistor, cuz when they are jumped and disconnected then I have no luck. What do you guys think?