12.7 @ 106 1.7 60ft Stock CT26 New record!!!!!

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Pretty much the same as yours.

Walbro fuel pump, 550 inj, HKS VPC, Titan Downpipe, Blitz NUR exhaust, ET streets, SIP 3000 stall converter, SIP built A340, stock intercooler and intercooler pipes, stock CT26, Felpro head gasket with ARP bolts, Stock untouched block with stock compression. Full weight 89 targa auto car with air cond. and everything. Only thing missing was the spare tire. Even have the sawblades on it still.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Not sure, maybe 18 to 20 psi, but it would fall off fast in the upper rpms. prob fell to 12 -13 at 5500rpm. I had the wastegate shimmed up to prevent the loss, but I just assume the turbo runs out of breath.

I looked up my numbers again and it was 12.61

Mr--Peanut

Jun 18, 2008
Northeast
Just curious, isn't it a little unfair to be comparing a 7mge to a 7mgte due to the higher compression? Or is this more of just who can go fastest on a CT-26 with no limits on the types of modifications?

redhot91gt

Grenade Builder
Nov 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Devin LeBlanc;1707539 said:
Not really, 8.4:1 compared to a motor with 9.1:1 with 147k on it really isn't going to show that big of a power increase.
You are probably just going to detonate earlier. What I dont understand is why you wont let us know how your running e85 on the stock injectors/ecu with no piggy backs and getting the correct A/F ratio's. You can claim that you don't want someone to try it and break something all you want, but that does not sound like a good enough reason to me. Also, are you on a walbro?

Btw, Really impressive times.. keep at it!

Last edited:

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
All the time. Under cruising 16.8-17.2 Which is completely fine, you can run E85 much leaner under cruising.

Once I get back from cali next weekend Im installing the 750CC Injectors so I can run much higher boost and not have to use the CSI

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
That CSI trick is slick, though...I wouldn't have thought about it. Plus, it's an elegantly simple solution; otherwise, you have to change out injectors, hack into the wiring harness for a piggybank, any number of things. Gotta hand it to you, our cars aren't slugs to begin with, but drivers like you prove they're quite fast if you invest in your mods wisely.

Imo, you should start looking for a method to control timing. E85 allows for some wicked timing advance under vacuum, and having the control in place to retard it more under boost should help with detonation as you pile on the boost.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
We have tuned several cars on e85 and no matter how much timing advance you add in it won't detonate, it just stops making power then we usually back it off a few degrees.. My plan is to turn up the base timing to 12-14 degrees then run larger injectors than I need so I will have to pull fuel with the piggy back so it also advances the timing.. We will get it into the 11's for sure and close to 380whp on a stock ct

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
Wow nice times and nice car! :D, that’s its my goal, make 8 lowers in the 1/8 track.

I have some doubts that I hope you could help me :p

1.- Do you race in D or you shift manually?
2.- What pressure your set the tires?
3.- Do you made any mod the trans (shim)?
4.- Where I can send to modify the torque converter and what specs you suggest for my application?

This is my first Auto ’91 Supra, and my best time is 9.0 in the 1/8 track.

Engine spects:
High miles 7MGTE stock
Stock timing
Stock ct26
AEM Boost Controller set at 12~12.5 psi
RC 550cc with Lex Maf
Apexi AFCII (Not very good tunned :S )
FFI of 3”
Walbro fuel pump with out 12V mod
Water injection system set at 6psi

Car weight: 3995lbs

Street Tires
7.5 x 18 Rear
6.5 x 18 Front

Thank you for your full support.

redhot91gt

Grenade Builder
Nov 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
I also would like to know about the trans. Who did your stall for you? My car is a slug off the line with the stock stall :( I'm guessing you have shimmed the accumulators and have a trans cooler? With the 4.30s are you going to need to go into overdrive pretty soon if you start trapping more mph?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I did my valve body mods myself, But have an IPT valve body on the way soon. It has a 8 row 20 inch long cooler for the trans, I am running a stock torque converter which stalls at 2500.

I ran the tires at 16 Psi

I put the trans in drive and let the Computer do all the shifting.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Yes, you guys don't want to shift manual. You will bounce the rev limiter every time. My converter stalls at 3000.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
redhot91gt;1708023 said:
I also would like to know about the trans. Who did your stall for you? My car is a slug off the line with the stock stall :( I'm guessing you have shimmed the accumulators and have a trans cooler? With the 4.30s are you going to need to go into overdrive pretty soon if you start trapping more mph?

There are several factors in play. His higher compression engine does in fact matter. His turbocharger responds much quicker. He leaves at 6 psi. I leave at idle and engine vacuum. And I have 3.73, not his 4.30. My car is 2.1 seconds behind his when I used the CT26 with my stock turbo engine with the A340E. His area under the curve is better.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I don't know about from a roll I raced my friends 87 stock 7MGTE R154 factory turbo car, Stock turbo, intake, exhaust, front mount and piping and we were literally dead even from a 60-110mph roll.. At that time we were both on 12lbs, both were on 91 octane. He actually started creeping in front by a few inches by the time we let off..

However I ran a 13.8 at that time and he ran a 14.7

Nick, Need moar boost off the line :D