12.25.07 Rehabilitation (Kajira)

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah! Time to start over. :biglaugh:

Alright, Christmas of 2007 I was driving down the interstate to pick up a family member to give him a lift over to the Christmas gathering. A knocking noise occurred and I felt the motor hiccup, or stop for a split second and then start going again and the oil pressure hand was quickly droping.

Video: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc259/yellow_bandit/?action=view&current=SL370173.flv

So I pulled over and apparently the Royal Purple I used had died the oil stick and mislead me to believe that the 7M was full of oil... It was bone dry. So after getting some cheap oil I filled her up and spun the motor over without the coils plugged up to try and get the oil pressure built back up. It never came up. So I decided to crank her up and see what would happen.

Video: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc259/yellow_bandit/?action=view&current=SL370174.flv

Yeah, not good, but with everyone closed on christmas I had to get her home. So I cranked her up and took all back roads back to the house.

Video: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc259/yellow_bandit/?action=view&current=SL370175.flv

Luckily she held up and didn't start overheating until I pulled into the driveway and shut her off. What I mean by overheating is the hand was 3/4 of the way up the gauge, it never hit the red H mark.

Video: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc259/yellow_bandit/?action=view&current=SL370178.flv

The only thing about it... I HAD JUST FILLED IT UP TOO!!! Grr.

The motor's boned and so is the Turbo so I'm probably going to go get a junker and rebuild the motor out of it, and part out the rest. Still kinda waiting for some money buildup right now so this thread wont be super fast but hopfully the motor will come out soon. ^.^

Stay Tuned!!

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
holy hell dude that is incredibly sad. fuck that crappy royal purple! sue them and tell them you want another supra. lol.

that sucks dude, sorry to hear from your loss.

=(

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah, not really looking for sympathy, I was actually laughing on the way home just because I couldn't believe this happened... On Christmas at that!!!

Thanks for all the comments so far and hopfully when I move the Supra to the Garage I will get started on pulling the motor out and let you guys see the carnage report. :biglaugh:

Plan on starting on it in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned!!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
You had a full tank of gas!!:biglaugh:

If that is the original engine with 228k miles it lived a good life. That noise brings back fond memories. lol:cry:

Best of luck!!

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
lol your lucky it didn't blow up on you while you were driving. I had that happen to me before too. I just didn't have the money for a tow truck or anything like that, filled with with cheap oil and slowly drove home. It blew a hole in the block about 4 miles from home. By some weird miracle the 7m just would not die. I drove her all the way home with a hole in my block! The 7m is one hell of a reliable engine if you treat it right :( !!!

Rebuild it stronger and better!

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
Oh Damn UkiSash... And no, that's not the original, it's a junkyard motor. I had pulled it when I got it 3months ago and rebuildt it. But yeah, I was 20miles from home and I got her back. After driving about 1mile the oil gauge just dropped to BELOW the 0lbs/in2 and stayed there for the remainder of the trip. If I had thought of it, I would have moved the camera over to look at it. But yeah, she'll be down for a while and I'm putting in gauges, intercooler, get a turbo rebuilt (I think the current one is boned), and get a full turbo back exhaust while she's down.

Thanks for all the comments and be sure to Stay Tuned! Working on the garage today to put shelfs up and hopfully the Supra will get moved within the week.

Cant wait to wrench on her and find out the carnage report! :evil2:

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
I'm thinking about a year and maybe going ahead and getting the turbo rebuilt, 600cc injectors, lexus AFm, you know, bring her back with more punch then before. ^.^