11psi Dyno, Thanks to all who have helped throughout the years.

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
It's been a long road for this car and I've learned a hell of alot about it throughout the 7 years of ownership.

Bought the car from a retired teacher who seemed to forget it was even a turbo. When I had bought it and her driving it to show me I remember showing her what the guage(boost guage) was for. :biglaugh: I bought it the next day as I wasn't going to sit on it and see it gone. Nothing like starting with a bone stock healthy motor at 98k (toyota 100k mile warranty/checkup). Got all new gaskets and new timing belt, etc. Car was painted along with the mouldings pre-sale so maybe she could'nt read where it said turbo on it too.:icon_bigg

Soon after I went bpu. 3" exhaust/bov/intake/mbc. Raping brand new mustang gt's and even with my auto tranny. Then got crazy ordering parts for a big single along with other things like suspension, brakes, rims and tires.

After about 2 years of saving and piecing things together and royally screwing up and driving the car untuned with a t4 t60-1/550's/lex afm/walbro, etc. and keeping the auto. The car blew the headgasket :nono:(found this flaw out soon later on this site) oh and also blew the transmission as it just couldn't take anymore abuse. I was also racing a 04 zo6, shhh. Brought the car over to Fernando at F&H when they were in Valley Stream (thats how long this story goes back :aigo:) and got the HKS 2mm headgasket along with some otehr goodies. Car ran good but still needed to change things around and then decided to go bigger and better lol.

Next and final setup is now currently a T66 from driftmotion(thanks you guys and your store is like crack :biglaugh:) still 550's, maft-pro w/speed density& lc-1 wideband, nashman FFIM (i believe i have 1 of 2 made and works great for what i needed), th-400 tranny with trans brake, driveshaft & cooler setup, who I bought off oneandgone on here (I believe he's long gone from here now:biglaugh: thanks for this killer setup). and much more to this setup that I have covered in my ancient build thread that's somewhere.

Recently after installing it all got in touch with Brian and had my car there to get a new 3" vband along with other things that were 90% done or 90% broken still :3d_frown:. But with all there help we got it on the dyno and running (it's been about 2 years since last started) and made some pulls. Brian, if your reading this you know i'm leaving out my awesome oil setup I had on there :biglaugh: "is that an H and an E". lol Thanks for all the help and staying late all those times.

Enough chat, here is how it looks now (you may have seen these pics, Ill be sure to add more soon once i wash it in this cold turbo weather:evil2:) along with my favorite dyno sheet "so far" at 11psi and a short vid of it.

4169616160_0f8a9700a5.jpg

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/supras91/?action=view&current=VID00010-20091125-1630.flv[/video]

4158725963_80edd659b8_o.jpg

4159012685_6d3752005d_o.jpg

4159770168_285ecca92d_o.jpg

Last edited:

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
jugodegolf;1466450 said:
I didn't know Nash was doing ffim. Same turbo here I'm at 17lbs for time being.

What boost you planning on running daily?

This was one he had running on his car at the time FFIM's were first talked about for the 7m. Even before Ron's

Im running exactly that 11-12. it hooks good enough to just grab these tires without too much spin.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I would assume you'd make more HP then torque (torque not falling off) but that may be the auto (converter) causing that or somethign?