1154rwhp 7M (with nitrous) 975rwhp Turbo Only!

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Both were smooth clean pulls. I've had Dyno operators tell me they like I6 motors because of that, there's no drama with them, they pull clean. And you can tell Tony's was very well tuned, no popping or backfiring on throttle lift. I love those pulls, and you're right, the 7M does have a unique and aggressive sound up top that the JZ motors just don't have. I just wish it wasn't so rare to hear them up there.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Dirgle;1631107 said:
Both were smooth clean pulls. I've had Dyno operators tell me they like I6 motors because of that, there's no drama with them, they pull clean. And you can tell Tony's was very well tuned, no popping or backfiring on throttle lift. I love those pulls, and you're right, the 7M does have a unique and aggressive sound up top that the JZ motors just don't have. I just wish it wasn't so rare to hear them up there.

If theres no drama,you need a bigger turbo

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hah, I'm in that video that kamikazemkiii posted, taking video from the passenger side of the car... Wonder if mine sounds any better? I've been trying to get everything sorted out since SILV, got back to Wyoming Monday late night and started a new job the next morning. I've been playing catch up ever since. I'll try to get my video up soon.

FYI, for those of you who don't know much about the "Power"Glide transmission, they SUCK at how much power they consume just to push the power to the wheels. I promise you that 7m is making over 1500 through the flywheel.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
te72;1631385 said:
Hah, I'm in that video that kamikazemkiii posted, taking video from the passenger side of the car... Wonder if mine sounds any better? I've been trying to get everything sorted out since SILV, got back to Wyoming Monday late night and started a new job the next morning. I've been playing catch up ever since. I'll try to get my video up soon.

FYI, for those of you who don't know much about the "Power"Glide transmission, they SUCK at how much power they consume just to push the power to the wheels. I promise you that 7m is making over 1500 through the flywheel.

They suck power, but not as much as the TH series!!

In for video...:) Although I was told he had a few issues at the track, did you anyone get any footage of it?

Duane

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
te72;1631385 said:

o_O.. wow? thats a huge bitch~!!

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
upgradedsupra;1631393 said:
They suck power, but not as much as the TH series!!

In for video...:) Although I was told he had a few issues at the track, did you anyone get any footage of it?

Duane

He's correct, the powerglides are actually one of the more efficient automatics compared to the TH's. They don't rob as much power as you might expect. He was having problems stalling up so he wasn't launching hard.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
Poodles;1630691 said:
*flame suit on*
7M sounds better than a JZ regardless of power level, but especially when it gets up there. 7M sounds throaty while the JZ's sound porsche'ish

Prepairing the grave.

Agree both 7m and 1j and 2j have their own unique sound. But 7m ftw

sent from my ultimate droid

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
northwestsupra;1631703 said:
Prepairing the grave.

Agree both 7m and 1j and 2j have their own unique sound. But 7m ftw

sent from my ultimate droid

i was a previous 2j or nothing guy, but no i really want to build a 7m >:)

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
BigKO;1642013 said:
Vid not working, something about facebook privacy settings.
Try it again I think i fixed it, if not ill upload it to youtube and then post it again. Im working on the drag strip vids next :naughty:

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Here's one of him on the Strip

[video=facebook;527722069417]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=527722069417[/video]

I have another one as well but i need to chop it up since its a 30+ min vid of the races and the midget wrestling :aigo:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
What happened to his pass? when I spoke with him a while ago, he said he had some issues but odd since he dynoed it the day before. He was also to go back to the track. Any updates you know of?

Duane

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
He didn't warm up the bottle I guess and only needed a slow pass to qualify so he just bull shited the run... I talked to him a few weeks ago at the local meets