-10AN or 1/2" lines

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
quick question on stainless braided lines. i have been searching around the net for all my oil and fuel lines i am going to be getting. i am planning on getting -10an and -6an lines for my setup. however, i have noticed that you can get 3/8" or 1/2" line alot cheaper. why does it state "not to be used with AN style fittings"? so, is it not even worth trying to adapt everything to work?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
AN fittings for the most part cut the hose up on the insertion point. The braid acts as a compression material to help in that. No braid and the likely hood of blowing a line goes up significantly.

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
so if i get 5/8 or 1/2 lines then the AN fittings will work with them? the ones i am looking at are braided stainless.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
This type hose and the associated fittings are a cheaper, excellent qulity alternative to the stainless lines:
http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?shop=Hose&dept=Super!_Stock!_Hose
(What the good Dr was talking about)

For oil, AN-8 is adequate...AN-10 is a bit over kill IMO, but I would use it if I was building a high HP motor.

For fuel...it depends on how much flow you need to support the HP you plan on making ;)

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
I'd go AN, and get pushlock fittings. Thats what I am using. I used parker hose and it didnt quite hold up like aeroquip. After 8 months on my oil pressure feed the parker hose deteriorated, and I had to replace the parrker hose with Aeroquip, my aeroquip has yet to fail. Just my experience. Hey there JD, KWNate, Starscream, and DrJ. Whats good!

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Yeah...I like the Aeroquip push lock hose myself.

Samo, samo Quick...what you been up to?

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
starscream5000 said:
Busy as ever at work, I probably won't have much time dedicated here for a while, but the Aeroquip socketless hoses and fittings is what I'm going with. ;)

Good choice starscream.....The aeroquip stuff has has not failed me yet. The Parker hose was bursting at the connections and leaking bad in a few months. I wont touch anything but Aeroquip. I paid the same pricce from a hydraulic store and neeed them in a pinch. Working a new job keping me busy also.

Last edited: