Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Pulling engine is easier to do with tranny. Pully the tranny to do a clutch jop, it's easier to just drop the tranny.

Turbo could have been effected. Also, you'll need to remove the oil cooler (and lines) and flush it (radiator need it too, just not nearly as critical).

Make sure the machine shop hardness tests the head before doing ANY work on it. If it's annealed it's a paperweight as you'll be dealing with a LOT of issues later if it is. I know this from experience...

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
nick88;1424477 said:
:bsflag: that engine would definetly need a rebuild. Not cost efficient to just replace the hg, better to rebuild becuase theres no doubt that it will be knockin

If you read my whole post I said unless it is warped or damaged. There is no need to replace the mechanical parts (head, block, pistons, rods, crank, ect.....) of that engine because there's milkshake everywhere. Again, Everything can be cleaned.

Obviously your not going to rebuild an engine and reuse gaskets and bearings. :3d_frown:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I'd replace a lot of the coolant hoses, too. That crap has a tendancy to weaken and swell the crap out of them, and then they blow at the worst moments...

staehlin180

Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Thanks...it should clean up nicely when I detail it and polish the paint. Gotta get the engine dialed in first. I'm in Elk Grove/Laguna. Where are you at?

Im in the arden/carmichael area, but I do a lot of work in laguna/elk grove. Good luck with the supra, let me know if you need a hand with anything