101MM Stroke 7MGE

kwatso23

Jul 11, 2010
Mid north coast
WOW.
This is an impressive donk man. I recently rebuilt my 7M with some extra pepper and did heaps of research on here beforehand but I never found this thread.
Looking forward to seeing the new pics.
Cheers

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
DEFIANT 7M;1772836 said:
Okay...Sorry to have vanished but when life changes there aren't many choices.I own and operate the family diesel injection shop now. The learning curve is hard but I don't give up. Plus my father is a no pleasing type! So I have no choice but to make it work. I've learned a lot in my vacation:icon_bigg In order to feed this monster I need larger itbs than the RB26. I really have in my mind that is a down the road project. So I will have these bored to 48-50mm. I haven't had any trade secrets with this build. But the cames will be short of ridiculous, proposed 310 duration and .510 lift, that is one of the choices. Valves are JZ 1mm oversized. Flow numbers will change, since we used stock JZ valves. Looking for 8k rpm yes I said 8k. There are crazier 7ms out there than mine. They just don't have an intrest to share on the net. I know in the past I said 450hp. That's going to be a stretch. More like 365-380 is realistic. Why do such a crazy thing and spend so much money and time? I just want to see how much could be done. Plus being the way I am is in my genes. I would like to think maybe we can learn something from all of this. Right now these are the things on my plate to get done. I have never put a dollar figure to any of this. But honestly I should have been done years ago. Some things now I will be able to make in my shop since I'm home.
Glad to see ya back.

I just got back from a small forced vacation myself, the hospital.

You probably have seen my set up by now with the twins Allen, I know I have plenty of air to feed what I have going on, think it might work for you also, ITB's are pretty costly not to mention the fab work.

Wow .510 lift

Kudos by the way at keeping with it.

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
AJ'S 88NA;1773710 said:
Glad to see ya back.

I just got back from a small forced vacation myself, the hospital.

You probably have seen my set up by now with the twins Allen, I know I have plenty of air to feed what I have going on, think it might work for you also, ITB's are pretty costly not to mention the fab work.

Wow .510 lift

Kudos by the way at keeping with it.
Hospital?? You okay? Yea I really like the twins, wish I thought of that before I bought the itbs some years back. I already made a lower intake and everything for them:3d_frown: I need six 55mm throttle bodies or one gigantic one to feed this thing. The cams are going to be sick, hell the valve train is looking anemic right now with the 2JZ intake valves. If we can get them to fit going for 8mm oversized intake valves (40mm) from the Tacoma or some customs. I just can't quit call me crazy:biglaugh:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Yeah I'm OK just a heart attack. I'm one of the "old farts' on here lol.

Early Camery or late Corrola's I believe are around 50-55mm TB's. Trip to the pick and pull might be in order. To fit 6 side by side might be a little tough though.

I just don't think you need that much but NA more is better from what I've found out. I still have to pull around 25-30% fuel out with 550 injectors.

Nashville and Miami hey...Just moved from Chattanooga area to Sarasota area.. maybe hook up sometime.

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Heart attack!! Man take it easy please take it easy. We gotta hook up to close not to. I'm really not sure what I will end up doing. The largest I can bore the Itbs is 48mm. Based on other set ups built up 7Ms require 55mm.. I wish just one of the guys would post here.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Look forward to it.

Guess one of the other guys should, I'm just a "hack".

Not quite understanding why you need that much TB area Allen. I know you are increasing bore, stroke, etc., but the info that I have picked up, not a whole lot of it tech related that the 7M head can only flow xx no matter what.

I ignored most of it and figured I had increased most everything else and could use more air noticed a difference all the way around. Not only more HP and torque, buy butt dyno that is, hopefully soon on a real dyno the difference, but as tuning progressed having to add more fuel.

Come on guys, help us out here :)

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
In order to feed this thing and make my hp/tq goal the induction system needs to be upgraded. My engine builder and cam designer say the same thing. I trust theses guys. We will see what the flow ceiling is for the 7M head. I'm waiting to see which intake valve is the absolute max 37 or 40mm head dia we can stuff in a 7M head. That will change the flow greatly. So the potential will increase that much more.

With your set up the added air made a difference. So what they are saying seems true. Since my combo is a bit crazy nothing suprises me much.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Well I'm "old school" I guess, figured increase in flow i.e. ported, cams, larger valves, larger volume needs more fuel, more fuel needs more air so hell yeah give it as much as it needs and a little more.

So give her hell Allen, as much as she'll take of everything sounds like you have some help with getting everything to fit and I think you will come close to what your expecting.

Not going to be a DD but should be some fun:)

Bugwugger

Apr 5, 2005
Cincinnati
holly geeeez !!!! I thought i would never read this again......... hahahah allen my 3.3L has been dead for 2 years. I had some crank walk and parked it. All i need is a new thrust bearing and Im good to go. Just havent had the time these past years.

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Bugwugger;1774275 said:
holly geeeez !!!! I thought i would never read this again......... hahahah allen my 3.3L has been dead for 2 years. I had some crank walk and parked it. All i need is a new thrust bearing and Im good to go. Just havent had the time these past years.
WOW.... What's going on man! Fix that thing already..Lol like I should be talking! Hey what hp did you ever end up with? Crank walk? What clutch are you running? I've seen heavy pressure plates cause crank walk.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
The reason for suggesting them is...well...look at the port shape:

339052082_tp.jpg

Handy eh? ;)

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Looks to be around 45mm or so just guessing by the picture. Like the shape like you mentioned Kai. Would like to see them next to a 7M manifold or head. Curious as to the distance between the TB's.

Bugwugger

Apr 5, 2005
Cincinnati
I made 303hp with 336t. Looking to get this thing running in the spring. I was using the CenterForce Dual Friction. Was having problems starting the car, figured it was the starter. After removing the starter and looking closer... I could move the crank from the dampener forward and back at leat 1/2 in. I removed the flywheel and saw that the wheel had been rubbing the rear main area. Car has been sitting for 3 years now and have not touched it. I am going to work on her come spring. any ideas or comments????

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Bugwugger;1796692 said:
I made 303hp with 336t. Looking to get this thing running in the spring. I was using the CenterForce Dual Friction. Was having problems starting the car, figured it was the starter. After removing the starter and looking closer... I could move the crank from the dampener forward and back at leat 1/2 in. I removed the flywheel and saw that the wheel had been rubbing the rear main area. Car has been sitting for 3 years now and have not touched it. I am going to work on her come spring. any ideas or comments????
Nice numbers not seen any NA's with that much power, what mods do you have besides the stroker kit?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Bugwugger;1796692 said:
Even with the thrust bearings missing there isn't a 1/2" of space in there...

AJ'S 88NA;1796751 said:
Nice numbers not seen any NA's with that much power, what mods do you have besides the stroker kit?
x2 would like to see the dyno sheet and mod list!