1 piece tail light tinting

Xistant

xistant
Jun 6, 2005
melbourne
sds
what %% tint do you guys use? although illegal down here i want to do it but if someone that has done it can tell me what %% they used and i can work from there photos also please :D

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
i've never done it, but i read into it because i was about to do it..and still might, but what you wanna do is give a couple light coats with that vht stuff, and then go to a body shop and have them professionally clear it.

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
I've used the VHT on my old supra's tail lights and had them professionally cleared and they came out awesome, extremely glossy. Used 3 coats of the VHT, but definitely could have gone darker. Here's the only pic I could find (when Malloynx owned it).
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/malloynx/exterior7.jpg

Another route you can go is have them painted with a clear that has a little black mixed in it. I think that's what becauseican did.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
thats looks pretty cool, i might try that myself. can you get them completly black and the lights still show through?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
JDM's have gunmetal paint (instead of silver) in th4e center section, and the diffuser layer in the lights is tinted. The main outside part is the exact same (color and everything).

Clear mixed with a little black is GREAT for making lenses look new, as they fade and get dull, the black darkens them and brings back the shine with the clear. Seen it done on a lot of cars, for that reason...

Xistant

xistant
Jun 6, 2005
melbourne
sds
im going to get some butter paper (sand paper) and give them a decent clean up, then polish them up, clean them and then get some DIY tint cos if i don't like it i can jsut peal it off :)