1.5jz with CT12A's using a GE block

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I am doing a 1.5jz buildup with a GE block, with plans to use modified CT12A's.

I have sourced some fittings to use soft lines with the stock turbos. So I am looking for info on running the feed lines.
The block has not been tapped so I will be using an oil filter adapter. I am planning to run one line over to the exhaust side of the engine and then tee it off for the turbos. But what size line from the adapter to the tee? And are two 4's ok going to each turbo?

Any help appreciated, thanks.
-Bryan

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Bryan, I wouldn't even be bothering with CT12A's on a 3.0, as they already have a nasty habit of choking my 2.5... When you speak of modifications to the turbos, mind sharing? If not, no worries, just curious.

...and by choking my 2.5, I mean the car really only sees significant gains up to 5000rpm, then sloooooowly builds more power. Comes on hard, comes on fast (literally immediate max boost if you step on it anywhere north of 3k), but it really stops the fun up top. I can imagine a 3.0 bottom end exacerbating this problem.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
:icon_bigg No hiding anything anymore here, my street racing days are over for the most part.

Albert built the twins, they are stuffed with GT2860RS 62trim wheels on the compressor side, and he puts in larger steel wheels on the turbine side. He also bored out the wastegate ports to 34mm. So I don't know man you could be right even with all that they still might end up being too small for it. But, I got them already and all the stuff to put them on. So at this point selling everything versus just putting them on would just delay the build more. And I am really impatient lol.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I kinda figured Albert built them. Hard to say (for me anyway) then, they might actually be a pretty awesome setup for damned near immediate spool and still retain a decent top end. You'll have to let us know. :)

As for feeding them, I would suggest doing your best to emulate the GTE setups. After all, Toyota did put a lot of thought into why they did things the way they did. Not saying they can't be improved upon, but the basic idea is a solid one. ;)

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
id just run two -4 lines from the adapter plate. if i went with a single feed to a dual it'd be -8 around the block, then tee to two -4 line. but i wouldnt like a 1/4npt(or what ever the size is) feeding a -8 at the adapter.. just my .02 worth :)

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
suprakidd;1898916 said:
but i wouldnt like a 1/4npt(or what ever the size is) feeding a -8 at the adapter.. just my .02 worth :)

That's what I was worried about also.

Alright, I know tapping the feeds on the block is the best way, but I am going do what suprakidd mentioned and run the two 4's across.

Thanks for the replies guys!!