1.5JZ with a 2JZGE bottom end?

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
I used the search button everything was pretty vague, but anyways im probably going to buy another shell soon. As stated my future supra is going to be for my wife and I was planning on a 2JZGE/R154/4.30 LSD combo and thats what she wants. My dilemma lies in wether the 3.0 liter bottom end is the same as the GTE or would I be better of not, besides oil squirters being smaller or non-existent and compression. So this being basically a NA-T swap what are the power limits of the GE internals? Can I just reuse the crank from the GE with new rods and pistons?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
People are making over 600hp on the 2jzge. You can put a 1jz head on it with a thicker hg to lower compression and make a 1.5jz.

The blocks and heads are different between 2jzge and gte.

If its going to stay n/a and is for your wife i would just do a 2jzge with a w58 as the ge wont break the w58 and its a smoother shifting tranny than the r154.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
I know there a couple members on here using a 2jzge making some good power. Iirc Dok's na-t build thread is a 2jzge

*edit* Hvyman beat me too it

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No they are different. No squiters, different rods, different pistons and different blocks altogether.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
If you get an NA block then buy TT pistons/rods/headgasket you will be able to make some serious power with the 1.5 for a decent price.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
All 2JZ's have the same crank, GE or GTE. Non-VVT-i 2JZ-GE's have the same rods as the 2JZ-GTE, VVT-i GE engines have thinner rods.

2JZ-GE blocks do not have squirters, and the oil gallery on the exhaust side is not drilled for oil. Other than that the blocks are identical.

Jeff