1/4 track time need help

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
So i have a 88 mk3 turbo, ct at 10lbs, exhaust and downpipe. But when i went to the track yesterday i ran a shit time of 16.70 which sucks i can run that in my eclipse. So any help on maybe what could be wrong i know it wasnt my driving cause i race a corvette. but im looking for maybe a reason why my car is running so slow and eveyone else is in the 14s. I thought maybe my timing was a lil off but i just checked it. So any ideas can help, just nothing mean like calling me names cause the car ran slow

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
redmk3turbo;1385152 said:
So i have a 88 mk3 turbo, ct at 10lbs, exhaust and downpipe. But when i went to the track yesterday i ran a shit time of 16.70 which sucks i can run that in my eclipse. So any help on maybe what could be wrong i know it wasnt my driving cause i race a corvette. but im looking for maybe a reason why my car is running so slow and eveyone else is in the 14s. I thought maybe my timing was a lil off but i just checked it. So any ideas can help, just nothing mean like calling me names cause the car ran slow

have you read this yet?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14479

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
Yes i read that and i know how to drive i have a vet with drag radials running 11s, but im just wondering if maybe something could be wrong with my car or are some people lieing about running such low times

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
I never questioned your driving skills..... I merely asked a question. I would say most of the 1/4 mile times posted on SM are valid, and not made up.

What kind of tires are you running? how tired is the motor? etc etc

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
Umm the tires are just normal street radials which hook up ok most of the time, and the motor was just rebulit and bored with the head and it just got done a 3 angle valve job

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Wat was your 60' and mph? That would tell us more where the problem lies. Can't help too much based on ET.

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
truthfully i dont want to say my speed cause my eclipse runs faster but 60' was 2.4849 and mph was a slow 81.82. Ive tried to think of anything that could be wrong with the car but i figured i would ask u guys because i havent owned my supra for too long

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
is there any chance that there is anyone really good with supras that lives in michigan because i will let u look at and even drive my car to help find a problem

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
redmk3turbo;1385813 said:
is there any chance that there is anyone really good with supras that lives in michigan because i will let u look at and even drive my car to help find a problem

I'm in MI, my car just had a stock supra motor and I ran 12.9@110 last year
on 195/70/14 tires :)

This year should be good for some solid 11's

I can help you out if ya want, I will be going to milan pretty soon here too. Which strip do you go to?

(My car is not a supra, its a 77 celica that I stuffed a 7M into. <3 weight reduction)

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Do a compression test, you're more than a full second slower than stock car. That motors got to be hurt.

Also, a 2.48 60 ft? Driving a Corvette does not equal driving a Supra. That's killing your ETs.

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
redmk3turbo;1385938 said:
ya i will have to check the compression and everything else, but the motor was just rebuilt and bored

I had one rebuilt last year that lasted 1000 miles due to poor tolerances by the machine shop:cry:

It happens. After 1000 miles on that motor (easy driving too) #5 and #6 were under 100psi.....

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Check your timing. You said you had the head off. It's a common problem for people to put them back together out of time. Retarded timing would make your car wicked slow.

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
yesterday i checked the timing and it was perfect i guess ill have to wait till monday to bring it into the shop that did all the work. Could a fuel pump going out cause it to run slow as hell