1.2mm or 2mm head gasket?

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
I just read the head shaving thread and searched around a bit, but was wondering what you guys thought about it all.

I just picked up my motor from the machine shop and they took about 0.014 off of the the head and block combined. I know that stock is 1.37mm and to keep stock compression I would need a 1.73mm hg. so my question is should I undersize or oversize the thickness of the hg? The Block has also been bored 40 over and using reconditioned rods (slightly shorter I presume).

I would thing a slightly higher comp ratio would be better on a n/a than a lower one what are your thoughts?

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
holdbrooks;1077917 said:
this one is going in the 89 na the 88 is still great.

Gotcha. Like Jay said, Cometics come in any size you want, and like Greg said, compression is better, but I don't know that you'd really see any significant performance difference.

supramang

Jun 14, 2008
Farmington
Quin;1078015 said:
Gotcha. Like Jay said, Cometics come in any size you want, and like Greg said, compression is better, but I don't know that you'd really see any significant performance difference.

i dont exactly remember what size gasket i used or anything but i know i went with a little higher compression and it made a worthy difference in performance id go compression style:)