04 Z06 vs my T-66 supra

superiorsupra

Apr 1, 2005
ceres
This happened a few weeks ago when I was going to the theatres to check out the new king kong movie. I was heading up on blackstone ave with my wife when a corvette pulled up to the side of me at the red light. I didn't pay much attention to it, and didn't want to do anything stupid because it was a typical friday night and their were cops at just about every corner. Just as the light was going to turn green, I hear the corvette starting to rev hard at me. I looked over and there was two guys probably in their early
20's staring back at me. When the light turned green, the corvette peeled and took off. I didn't do anything because my wife was in the car, but the guys kept slowing down and messing with me. The passenger rolled down his window and wanted to talk to me about racing at the next stop. After passing a few more lights we finally got to line up again at a red light, and I noticed that it was a Z06 because of the badge on the side fender and the extra side duct below the door. My wife was telling me to stop, but I just adjust the boost to around 17psi on my greddy profec-b and waited patiently for the light to turn green. The corvette got an instant jump on me at launch, but as I got into second the boost came in and I slowly creeped up. As I got into third, the vette was 1-2 car lenghts behind, and I let off at around 90-95 mph. I didn't want to go any faster in a 40mph zone, people could get killed. I slowed down and the guy in the passenger seat was all yelling for me to pull over into the next gas station. We talked a bit about the little race, and the guys still couldn't believe that got "pulled" by an old skool supra. The Z06 had exhaust, headers, and intake only, according to what they told me, and I shared a little info about my black supra with them also. They wanted to race on the freeway down 41, but I had to go catch the movie and told them no. My wife was mad at me for the rest of the evening, but I was happy knowing that the mk3 supra can still hang and beat many of today's supercars.

MOd's
720ccs
t-66 turbo
hks manifold
hks vpc
3.5 inch downpipe, catback no cats
4-inch intake pipe
big custom Front mount intercooler
apexi safc-2
much much more...........

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Nice kill! I would imagine that you would have no problem pulling on a z06 with those mods. And it sounds like you did alright at only 17psi!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great story SS. I used to have a 1983 Supra and loved to race in it. This was when I was younger and raced alot more. My wife (girlfriend at the time) would raise T-total hell at me when she knew we were fixing to race, but she learned to live with it and we never had any wrecks. I'm not saying street racing is a good idea, cause some people dont drive very well at 55, but I do enjoy it when I get a chance. I've already been flamed on here by a couple of people for posting in the kills section. Anyways great kill.

superiorsupra

Apr 1, 2005
ceres
thanks for the comments, my wife finally gave up her wining after a few years knowing that supras are going to always be a big part of me. I don't street race much because of the risk to me and others around, but this was a chance that I just couldn't pass up. Hopefully when I get it tuned more, I will run into one of those new Z06 LS7, and then it's on!!:evil2:

superiorsupra said:
thanks for the comments, my wife finally gave up her wining after a few years knowing that supras are going to always be a big part of me. I don't street race much because of the risk to me and others around, but this was a chance that I just couldn't pass up. Hopefully when I get it tuned more, I will run into one of those new Z06 LS7, and then it's on!!:evil2:

Think you can hang with an ENZO because those 06 Z06 LS7's are staying with those ENZO's and with some little upgrades cough SC cough would smoke and ENZO

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It's true that the performance characteristic of an ENZO Ferrari is similar to a SC 06 Z06 LS7, in a straight line. This is no doubt, quite a feat. But a straight line is not what all the technology and research was done for. The ENZO is designed to have an aggressive balance. It hauls ass down a stretch, and then attacks the corners with pure aggression. It is designed at such a high level that any weakness will be shown by the driver, far before the car gives up. All the while doing it with class, luxury, and prestige. The ENZO was designed as an all around driving experience for those who can afford it. Saying a Z06 can keep up with an ENZO is simply denying what an ENZO is truly capable of. The moment you hit any sort of driving obstacle that is not a straight line the ENZO will start to pull away.

Make no mistake though, the new Z06 is by no means slow even in the corners. It is a very capable machine, and deserves respect. But the ENZO is a world class car, and the Z06 is just a drag strip diamond next to it.

superiorsupra

Apr 1, 2005
ceres
I don't know about the z06 ls7 hanging with the all mighty enzo, the ls7 was tested and did high 11's in the 1/4, while the Enzo is in the low 11's, possibly high 10's. There is a local guy here in Fresno, CA that owns a black one. The thing is sick as hell, and will pretty much smoke anything on the streets.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
IDK, Germans are sick disturbing people, they probably put a chuckie cheese next to dachau, P.S. This wasn't a true statement my dad toured dachau, not a chuckie cheese in sight.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
GreenChevelleSS said:
Think you can hang with an ENZO because those 06 Z06 LS7's are staying with those ENZO's and with some little upgrades cough SC cough would smoke and ENZO

911's run 14's ALL day long.

Its all about balance.