'02 Prelude

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ok, this was pretty funny. I'm heading home yesterday, the roads have just barely dried out from the rain we were getting all morning. Stop at a light, and an '02 Prelude pulls up beside me.

The light goes green, and I pull away like I always do - no WOT, but a fair bit more acceleration than your average driver. I usually shift before 3000 rpm. I was absolutely not trying to race this guy at all. Well, I guess he had other ideas. He's about even with me, a little ahead... enough that I can see his massive soupcan muffler, anyhow, so I tap the throttle and surge up next to him. I'm pushing a few lbs of boost without pushing the car at all, and I'm right next to him - I look over and realize he's giving it all he's got.

I start to giggle. At the point I haven't opened the wastegate at all, because I haven't come even close to full boost. So, I goto WOT, let the wastegate open and scream into his open window, shift, do it again, then immediately let off and tap the brakes to let him know that he's DONE. By now I'm a good 4-5 cars ahead in a few seconds.

I'm all prepared to give him the thumbs up for effort, but he does the ricer flyby and refuses to look my way. Even his buddy riding shotgun is hanging his head in shame. :) Giggling madly, I drop back to where the cruise control steps in and resume my drive.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
priceless. welcome to my town! thats all that ever happens here, its depressing. i havent found a suitable opponent yet. (i've got my eye on this '04 Vette who keeps running his mouth)

when i get my 57 trim, maybe i'll run him.

good kill, Grim.

-shaeff

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
You know what's funny is he probably thought he was doing pretty well at first. I bet he was already putting together a story for his friends when you dashed his dreams to pieces by stomping on him like that. Funny story...good kill.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Back when my car was running I did a 3 way with 2 newer 'ludes...I half throttled next to them for a while, then bent them over and raped them no lube full throttle in 3rd. I love it when they think their 'lude is top shit...Good kill!

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
priceless. welcome to my town! thats all that ever happens here, its depressing. i havent found a suitable opponent yet. (i've got my eye on this '04 Vette who keeps running his mouth)

when i get my 57 trim, maybe i'll run him.

good kill, Grim.

-shaeff

i agree with u shaeff!!! same thing in my area.........................by the way good kill grim

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Methinks you are right! Honestly, it could have been any of the '97 - '01 versions, as far as I know there were no changes from year to year. But it's not like I keep track of Hondas much anyhow, with the exception of the Civic, as that's what I recommend to most of the kids here as a first car. :)
MA70Supra88 said:
Nice kill and funny story, but I thought they stopped making Preludes in 2001? :icon_conf

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Grim:
I had the same experience with a 98 ACCORD 4 door with a fart can and neon window squirters on the hood...

I raped this guy a good 4 times in less than a mile. Accell... let off..... accelll.... let off....

He had that thing matted the whole time I was toying with him.

All of a sudden at the next light, this 250lb+ hippo leans out the side of his car, chicken head bobbling and all....

(And screams at me...)

"Take that thing home... its slow!"

(Im thinkin...)
Holy sh!t. What planet are you on? I just raped your fag @$$ honda 4 DOOR family car with a fart can too many times to count in a mile, and my sh!t is slow?

I chased the guy down, but like a ricer @$$ dweeb with altezas on a 4 door car, he ran a red to get away. I wasn't about to follow after that.