Holy Gauges, Batman! ...and fuel holding devices too!...

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I finally finished my gauge cluster yesterday so I took a couple pics for you guys. The car is filthy-dirty from sitting all winter, and from having work done on it so forgive me for not cleaning it before taking the pics. Almost forgot...I installed the new wheel yesterday too.

I also took a couple of the fuel cell since I never posted any finished pics when I did it.

I could :blah: , but why should I? I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

Attachments

• Gauges.jpg
    Gauges.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 484
  • Gauges 2.jpg
    Gauges 2.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 567

xffe

I Didn't Do It!
Apr 4, 2005
New London
I take it for the fuel cell the entire back area was chopped down so it sits level in the hatch area? looks that way. Sorry I've never looked at fuel cell setups so i've no idea, I was actually looking into something similar.

streetknight

rip ssb
Mar 30, 2005
melbourne, fl
wow bro you have no excuse if you blow your engine. you should know every thing your car is doing with that many gauges. better get a copilot to pay attention to the road while you read all those gauges.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
arent hose gauges hard to read with that carbon fiber overlay in them? looks pretty sweet and awesome job with the custom work :D

what i want to know...is what all the lights do...tell me now! ;)

M

MisterTurbineTwister

I see the cause for the following gauges on a fully metered car, but what are the other 5 gauges doing???:

Tachometer
Speedometer/Odometer/Tripometer
Fuel level
Fuel Pressure
Air/Fuel Ratio
Oil Pressure
Temperature
Voltmeter
Boost meter

What else could there be?
Antifreeze/Coolant level
Exhaust Gas Temperature
Clock and a
Blingometer?

What do all of those wonkameters tell you when you're driving?
Barometer, outside ambient air temp, windchill factor, horizon level, altitude, downforce, cholesterol, bloodsugar, sex appeal, weapon skill and the current progress with your girl friend?

Criminey! Good work though!

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Let me start by saying thanks to all of you guys for the kind words. I really appreciate it!!

oldskool-nick said:
Wow!

Grant = My hero

Awesome job man! Glad to see it turned out so well. What ever became of the steering column gauge holder? Any night pics? Damn, that wiring must have been quite a bit of fun. 14 gauges, correct? Keep up the good work. Amazing job as always!

-Nick

Nick, I haven't had a chance to take night pics yet. I will though. I'm didn't like the green bulb covers so I'm using red ones...I may switch to blue though. There are 13 gauges total. The steering column pod went up fs on ebay quite a while back, and did fairly well. I never even used is, it only ended up on the car for pics.

xffe said:
I take it for the fuel cell the entire back area was chopped down so it sits level in the hatch area? looks that way. Sorry I've never looked at fuel cell setups so i've no idea, I was actually looking into something similar.

Correct. I gut out the floor from the x-member back to the rear body panel, then from the inside of the left rail to the inside of the right rail. There is a peice of aluminum that attaches to the bottom of each framerail, the sump drops below it, but the rest of the cell bottom is at the same height as the bottom of the rails. There is then another peice of aluminum on top of the rails which the cell passes through on it's way up. I have some "in progress" pics I'll try to post later. I'll pm you when I do.

IJ. said:
Where are the aircon vents? ;) ;) ;)!

:thefinger I really can't beleive it wasn't asked by anyone else, and I know why you did!! lol! I haven't had A/C in about 2 years, and I don't drive in the winter so the heat is very rarely used either. Thus, they got the axe. I thought about getting some round vents, like for the street rod guys, but figured what's the point.

Idealsupra said:
arent hose gauges hard to read with that carbon fiber overlay in them? looks pretty sweet and awesome job with the custom work :D

what i want to know...is what all the lights do...tell me now! ;)

No, they're pretty easy to read. The hard part right now is remembering which gauge is where! It's going to take a bit of time to get used to, but should be no trouble in the long run. The blue lights in the middle are for the turn signals and the brights. The ones on the left are for low coolant, mil, and alt.

MisterTurbineTwister said:
I see the cause for the following gauges on a fully metered car, but what are the other 5 gauges doing???:

Tachometer
Speedometer/Odometer/Tripometer
Fuel level
Fuel Pressure
Air/Fuel Ratio
Oil Pressure
Temperature
Voltmeter
Boost meter

What else could there be?
Antifreeze/Coolant level
Exhaust Gas Temperature
Clock and a
Blingometer?

What do all of those wonkameters tell you when you're driving?
Barometer, outside ambient air temp, windchill factor, horizon level, altitude, downforce, cholesterol, bloodsugar, sex appeal, weapon skill and the current progress with your girl friend?

Criminey! Good work though!

Gotta say I got a nice laugh from your post! I put basically every gauge there I could possibly ever need except nitrous. I have no intentions of running nos, and I wasn't about to put one in there and look gay without having a bottle. Here's the rundown on the gauges...

Tach.........
Speedo.........
UEGO...............
Fuel Level............
Fuel Pressure...........
Oil Pressure.................
Oil Temp........................Beleive it or not, that's all off the top of my head!
Trans Temp.................
IAT..........................
EGT........................
Boost..................
Voltmeter..........
Water Temp...

No clock, no nos.

Last edited:
F

FinalRights

How hard was the wiring,and did you use the TSRM as a refrence?