Stereo Install w/storage space THANKS Jeff Lange

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
After fighting with the crap install from the previous owner, I finally got my cd player installed. Also got the storage space installed too.

p1010003.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Also, thanks Jeff Lange for givin me the part number on that storage unit. It fit and worked great. :drink1:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Does toyota have a part # for a single din storage pocket with a door? Ive been trying to find a aftermarket one with the door, but I can't seem to find one.

Or even better, a double DIN stereo mounting kit with a double DIN sezed door. Kinda like the scion TC has.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
LOL I know, Ian.. haha
Must not have recognized me without my cape!

Suprastic: BC/BF Legacy's (90-94) have a single din with door. I like them a lot, and they should be rather prominent at your local JY.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
mwaahahaha...i'm bringing this thread to life.

I have no stereo equptment save for a power cable and this funny signal booster...so i need help figuring out what a 86.5 supra needs to mount a single DIN player, along with that storage space, and what stereo kit is good for the install.

i posted here because i like that above setup and will buy that toyota storage pocket once i figure out everything i need.

so...for mounting the stero what kit is best? i'm assuming there were metal mounting brackets for the stocker stereo...do i need to find a set or will the aftermarket double-to-single DIN instillation kit have everything i need?

Thanks!:biglaugh: i'll be driving her again soon and i want some music! hehe

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
get the install kit from best buy or something (what i did) and then i hit up the junk yard for the pocket. i just asked for any toyota radio with a pocket underneigth. the guy gave it to me for free.

most junkyards will have stereo headunits up front removed from the car already. so you wont have to hunt around for it.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
heck i might even just get a stock head unit if i can find one CD-compatible...

what about the mounts? i just saw dylan's writeup and his had metal brackets that bolt to the stereo before you stick it in there... do i need those?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Figit090 said:
heck i might even just get a stock head unit if i can find one CD-compatible...

what about the mounts? i just saw dylan's writeup and his had metal brackets that bolt to the stereo before you stick it in there... do i need those?

the metal ones are what the stock head unit mounts too. so, you have those already.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
well...you see...i actually don't.

some dope before me removed whatever stereo was there...the mounting brackets...AND the wiring harnesses

SEE?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

here is that signal booster...thing. there's the power cable as well. oh and that brown wire is the booster's power lead
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Order the brackets and pocket from Toyota, it will fit perfectly and won't even cost that much.

Toyota does make one with a door on it too, I'll post the part number when I get home.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Here is a pic of the box with a door on it. I don't know the part number but it was pulled from a Toyota at the junk yard (don't remember what car though - sorry).
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Ohh! I like it! Does the door clip in place to stay shut, or is it going to fly open when you nail the throttle?

I'd love one with a door... Post up those p/n's, Jeff! :D