1GGTE ? what is it

toyo prformnce

May 13, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
i know this isnt the right place to put this but i dont know where else to go with it.

What is the (twin turbo) 1GGTE? a buddy of mine told me i should buy it and swap out my na slowpra. but honestly ive never heard of a 1ggte. can i get parts for it? where was the engine released?

will someone please :1zhelp: me out here and gimme some info. thanks.

im thinkin of getting the 1G and boosting the shit outta it :naughty:

email me or post if you know something.

Beau

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Stock for stock, your NA engine has more displacement and the same amount of hp/torque. If you swap anything into your car, it needs to be a turbo JZ engine, or a turbo 7M if you are planning on building it up.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The 1G-GTE was the economy turbo model in Japan. Came on the GA70 model Supras, which are the thin body cars as opposed to our MA70 widebody chassis. They never sent it over here, so finding parts for a 2.0L twin turbo economy class engine in North America would prove to be interesting.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Not all GA70's are narrowbody.

There were other 1G-based engines in the Supra (GA70) as well, the 1G-E, 1G-FE, and 1G-GE, all of which are pretty low powered.

I say if you have a 7M-GE right now, go with a 7M-GTE or 1JZ-GTE, both have much more aftermarket availability, and the 1JZ-GTE will have many more parts available here in North America, compared to the 1G-GTE.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Jeff Lange said:
I say if you have a 7M-GE right now, go with a 7M-GTE or 1JZ-GTE, both have much more aftermarket availability, and the 1JZ-GTE will have many more parts available here in North America, compared to the 1G-GTE.

...or you could swap a 2JZ-GTE in and have more mods available than you can shake a stick at, and ALL OEM parts available to you from the local Toyota parts counter.

toyo prformnce

May 13, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
good thing i listened to you guys because i just got a 1jzgte off ebay for $650.00 :naughty: then only thing is it doesnt have the turbos or the manifold :nono: but if anyone is selling there stock twins with the manifold id be interested.

let me know.
Thanks

88_Supra

Power by...YOUR MUM
May 10, 2006
Australia
yeh smart choice... i have the 1G and it aint that great, well not in a supra/soarer body, in a celica it goes! they are better if they have a average size single bolted onto them but anyways u made the right choice with the 1j

hotsup

Jan 24, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
OK 1G: First I heard of a 1G was back in the late 1980's when I found out there was a Corona 2000 GT released for Japan & Europe & they had the 1G-GE in them. Second time I here about them was in approx. 2000 & Lexus was using the 1G-GE in the IS200. Then a few yew years later, through the forums I find that Toyota actually released an A70 with the 1G-GTE. YUK!! UNDERPOWER ++

WHAT WERE THEY THINKIN'!!??

Last edited: