2005 Porsche 911 Carrera vs F4i vs ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
On the way to work today I was passed by a black 996 carrera and an F4i motorcycle....I had just put on my spare 350z rear and stock 16" front wheels for now ( just sold the TOMS wheels)...

We basically toyed through traffic and found some open spots in the 4 lane hw.

Me and the F4i Pulled on that brand new porsche soo bad it wasnt funny...the guy in the porsche kept on coming back for MORE!!!

Me and the F4i topped out...I was at 6300rpms....topp'd out speedo...so know way do I know how fast we got.....I basically stayed RIGHT BESIDE THE F4i...leaving the Porsche in the DUST.

It was the best race I have EVER had.....inline 6 turbos rule. LOL

-Jonathan

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Now my quest is complete. Only the most recent of livelies will hop on my fire brething piston rods and take flight as if the enemy is on our hips!

Thank you for your patience and trustingness to have me in this dwire thread of tither.

yon Turbo, your soul is redeemed and is more than welcome in the state of SUPRA.

Frothem latter boy!

-Jonathan

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Yep you got that!!

I have discovered that most "exoctics" are just slow for what they are.

My friend ( that will be taking photos and filming the nashville meet) his dad has a 2004 Porsche 996 twin turbo..............its fast.
He barely drives it though ....like 1300 miles on it in 2 years :rolleyes:

But the lambo's are slow....for a V12...they are SLOWWW, they are also like 3800lbs!

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Good kill, I am for the most part dissapointed in exotics. For the price tag it would seem like they should have WAY more power than they do now. Saleen gets some props for turbocharging the S7, but I bet that the price is going to jump some rediculous amount because of it.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
The S7 turbo is expected to peg the $700K mark....

you know how many TUNED cars you could build better and FASTER for just $100K???

Of course the Mk4, Mk3 supras....but the GTR....GTO/3000gt.......corvette and get a viper in their as well and with $100K on each car...thats right at 1000hp+ per car....

I would have more fun in one of those than I could ever in a Saleen S7 turbo...

of course the S7 is just a chick magnet "look at me" car....ment for guys with small dicks and no self confidence. :biglaugh:

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Sounds like good kills you should see Duane and I go at it on my modified '99' Hayabusa. Now we're talking(well I'm talking)210mph :aigo: Later-T

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
If the redline is pushed up 1000 to 7500rpm we could possibly hit 200 with stock gearing I believe. I have hit around 150+ mph at 5800-6100rpm....rev cut is around 6800 stock ( on my 87' turbo)......so yeah, theoretically we could heheehhe He is on stand alone which makes it that much easier to up the rev limit anywho.

-Jonathan

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I think we'll have problems with aerodynamics trying to turn our cars into airplanes much above 160mph.

Porsche knows how to build a car. The Lambos I've seen were plenty fast, but I wouldn't trust the fit and finish on a car that is assembled with a sledgehammer. Ferrari... bleh. I'd buy a Lotus first.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I am partial on porsche's reliability.......they seem to have a shotty past at fit and finish......a 60K Boxter S has plastic trim and no HID's???? What is that? My father drove one and almost traded his 350z in....but once he sat in the boxter s ( brand new) .....he noticed it was quite "sparse"....

But they are great cars.

Grim, we can always get diffusors and such made for our cars....

that company S2 ( supra style) out of Japan made them...but discontinued them....but they probably still have the mold...and they only charged $500 for CARBON diffusor.

the Doluck front bumper has a built in diffusor like flat piece.

But the best way for front end downforce would be little carbon winglets on the front of the bumper ( I plan to experiment with some this fall).

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
And how did you do all this killing...

*Ahem*Cough*Cough*Shim Kit from some one cool*cough*Ahem*

Isn't that just the neatest sh!t your pants mod for under $20 that you can think of?

Nice kills, we want video next time.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I have a 3" STRAIGHT ( not cat) turbo back system with an HKS intake kit....
of course I have to say a perfect compression 11K mile old rebuilt motor too....

but still
I was running around 7.5-8lbs with just those two mods for months....
then i bought Jon's ( MDC) wastegate shims....they are a perfect fit and come with the NEW screws to bolt the wastegate on which was really nice! They are longer to accomodate the shim itself....

The kit comes with like 4 different sizes of shims. I automatically was boost hungry and put on the big suckers...the 7mm ones!

I was instantaniously hitting 12+psi......hitting fuel cut of course around 13 to be exact.....

thats an increase of 4lbs of boost for $20 bucks.....THATS IT!!!!!!!!!

I can tell I have about 40-50hp increase....its THAT drastic! I am sure when I drill out my AFM tommorow that I will easily peg 14lbs.

Of course I do have an Aeromotive FPR ( fuel pressure regulator) to dial in more fuel ( higher duty cycle for the injectors) so I dont run lean at the higher than factory boost.

I cant say enough how much fun I have had in the past 3 days......the increase in power is really THAT substatial...

and its SOOOOO cheap!!!!!!!!!

It only took about 20-30 minutes tops to put in the shims....

Thanks Jon!
I couldnt of beat that car without you!

-Jonathan

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
And I am putting on my NEW o2 sensor soon as well...thats better fuel economy and power just sitting there as well...
and my N/A cams are under my bed just chilling right now...

next is an HID kit ( much needed since I work until 12am)
then buy a intercooler, 1jz style manifold and new piping.

then get 650cc ( maybe more ) injectors and a SAFC.
then a boost controller....
then a new turbo set up.....

and put all this on ANOTHER rebuild I have heading up for the winter.....I am obsessed now...I must have more boost!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon, you have unleashed the boost demon within! :evil2:

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
I ride a F4I, and driven MANY 350z's Modded and non modded working at nissan.

no offence... no just no... if you kept up to the bike EXPECIALY from a roll he didnt know how to ride or he was taking it easy on you.

I think f4i's run mid to low 11's stock and 10's with minor mods, now take away whats the thing that keeps bikes slower is taking off unless they are full out race and have a wheelie bar. see if you would of said from a dead stop it may be more realistic lol.

EDIT: I figured you were talking about your dads 350z.

But still I dont belive it... My brother on his 94 600 with decent modded ninja KILLS my friends 450 wheel hp 94 Pointiac Firehawk from a roll, and my bike being an 03 with a pipe and fuel inection is just as fast as his...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.