Lawnmower Racer!!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
ok long story short my dads old ass crappy little 7hp rider mower broke the cord and my dad finaly said F#$# it lets get rid of it, so i called up my friends and asked them if they wanted to do somethign with it so we took to my friends house spent two days fiddling with the engine and we got it running amazingly better than before, no air filter just open carb, sawed off the dinky muffler it had and now its just open pipe and we just changed the oil from the old black stuff to some high milage quaker state, we took off the blade, infact the whole blade shroud (probably like 90 lb) we took the whole body metal off, (10lb) and just spraty painted it all black.

now for the drive, OMG wow, we jerry rigged it so we have to turn it on with a string and then pull it off so it runs though, i got it running had it screaming away we couldnt hear shit at all it was so loud , i put it in gear 5 and let go of brake and BAM INSTAND G-FORCES the front wheels on this rider mower lifted 2 ft off of the ground and almost flipped me backwards, it topped out at like 10-12 mph cus the gears are set up for a lawn mower and after like 20 minutes of riding arround doing wheelies on the mower the oil shot out of hte filler plug cus it got shaken loose and the chain fell off, then the cops showed up (it was like 11pm and neighbors woke up) and we had to stop,

now we are just adding a cheepo muffler donated by the local muffler shop, fixing the oil, and tightenign the chain, this mower KICKS ASS, and takign off is awsome,

i will post pics as soon as i can but does anyone have anymore ideas on what to do to add speed to this, we want to make it even faster as in perhaps 20mph. im making a body kit and were gonna paint all kinds of ricer logos on it and call it a vtec.

pics are on the way. i just wanted to share my new toy.

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Lol sounds like a Fun project. I would say probably put some higher octane like 89 but i think any higher would fry the engine. Good Luck with the project. Lol Funny vtec mower

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
Here's one- its a four stroke engine, right? It could benefit from port and polish, mill the head for more compression, and take the governor off. that should get you going.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
Get some NOS for that thing! :evil2:
And while you're at it, mount a big ass FMIC, just for show :naughty:
Build one from cardboard if necessary....

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
The exhaust is already loud and annoying so your pretty much good to go. Post some Pics Cause I wanna see what you guys have done.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
actually we've already considered most of those comments, we actually want to muffle the sound down enough for us to hit the streets without getting the cops called on us. but the muffler is still about the size of the engine.

we were looking for a turbo at the junkyard but every turbo car already ahd the turbo taken from it, we just wanted to have a cheepo weld job of hte turbo onto the exhaust pipe and make it atleast "look" turbo and yes we are fabbing up a wing, and i am making the front bumper (home made out of paper mache) look as much like an evo as possible.

we are thinking up how much decal crap we can put on it, i wanna get a toyota emblem or a honda emblem put it on the front and put DOHC, SOHC, VTEC, TURBO, INTERCOOLED, NISMO, HKS, SSQV, TYPE RX-Z III, and SUPERSTREET WRI.

we want all of that on the side, and we want to take it to the local race spot and do laps arround the local ricers. see what kind of looks we get.

anyone have a turbo i can have?? i dont care what kind or if it works i just want somethign i can duct tape up to the exhaust so its just there, and yea i wanna make a front mount inside of hte bumper.

as for the miling of the head. this thing is already redlining so i dunno if it can handle it, if we can get some gasket material and the machine shop to go allogn hel yes i'll do it.

oh yea probably silver flames, thats after we get it tuned and running good.

ANY IDEAS PEOPLE CUS I WILL PROBABLY DO IT. we can make thsi the supramania ricer mower.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i truly dont know if this has a gov, we've stipped it down and about only gov we can think of is the tranny which is pretty much maxing out at this point.

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
most riders have a govenor of some sort, although yours may be the exception. put a larger carbuerator on it, and a tubular intake manifold, it should be as simple as making a coulple flanges.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
ok last night we did some simple detail work on it we pulled the rear axle back an inch to tighten the chain, drained the oil and put new quaker state in, did a half ass job putting the donated muffler on and i took some pics and dug up a few that i took before. the problem was when we arrived my dumbshit friend left the mower in the yard and it got soaked by his auto sprinklers two nights in a row. so the engine was completely soaked. we managed to start it but it didnt want to stay on for long so we just need to let it dry and find a new gas tank cus now it shoots gas from some of the craks in the tank.

dscf01399lm.jpg

dscf01427kf.jpg

dscf01464ul.jpg

dscf01487wg.jpg

check out our pimping exhaust!!
:evil2:
dscf01495fh.jpg

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
HOLY GOD that freakin funny as hell. sad thing is people here in whitebluff, actually race lawnmowers

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
today i spent the day making the front bumper look more like an evo, its allot different from the bumper in the prevous pic i've drawn the evo front a thousand times trying to get the proportions right and have finnaly settled on a somewhat ok shape for it.

i made the outline bumper, i made a small cardboard front mount intercooler today that i will put in the center of the bumper when done, (this is gonna be really realistic)

then i went to my freinds house to work on the motor we got it to finnally idle but the cracekd gas tank still shoots gas everywhere and i guess it sucked water when it got hit with sprinklers so its all off.

then the bad shit happened, i was riding it arround when all of the sudden i just see this huge blue plume of smoke shoot out of the muffler and i saw perfect donut rings shoot out with every cycle and some smoke shooting out of hte carb with every cycle. i think we fryed the piston ring on there and we are gettting exhaust to flow out of hte intake side. now we are gonna see if we can get it running again if not take it appart and maybe if we can scrounge some petty cash we will go to machine shop :naughty:

i dunno how much $ we can spare cus my friends dsm needs a new hg and i need a new cat and ic pipes. i'll post some pics soon.