Heard the turbo spool up for the first time

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
With about 150 miles into my 7MGTE Swap...Finally no codes.

I can go up our grade on the freeway at 75 or 80 in 5th gear no problem.

My old 7MGE you had to shift down into 4th and then it still semmed to be working.

The new 7MGTE doesn't even feel/sound like its working hard.

Anyhoo, heard the turbo spool up for the very first time. It sounded like a litte jet engine under the hood.... :biglaugh:

Where's all those hondas now?????

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
congrats. i remember my first boosting experience. running open BIC ddp. boy was that fun!

-shaeff

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
scottiedawg66 said:
Congrats on no codes, and finally boosting. Just wait till u get a 3" turbo back, BOV and hard pipes!

~scott

Yeah, I am stuck with the old N/A exhaust for now.

Next hurdle is to pass smog here in CA. :mad:

Clinton

Power Blue!!
Apr 8, 2005
Sacramento, CA
hehehe!

I remember my first boost experience in a supra, I was test driving a '91t auto with semi-thrashed interior and exterior, but with 10k miles on rebuilt engine and turbo. I put my foot down, car hit 2500RPM, and there was the little jet engine noise, and it felt like the hand of god pushing at the back of the car :p

congrats on your first boost!

CCC

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Yes indeed! I agree with Clinton about the " hand of God " pushing on you in boost, except he's pushing you back into the seat! If you really want to hear your Turbo spool, get an Apex i intake, and plunk a mbc on that sucka', crank her up to about 11psi and enjoy! My stereo gets very little of my attention these days! :yumyum:

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
91T breezen' said:
Yes indeed! I agree with Clinton about the " hand of God " pushing on you in boost, except he's pushing you back into the seat! If you really want to hear your Turbo spool, get an Apex i intake, and plunk a mbc on that sucka', crank her up to about 11psi and enjoy! My stereo gets very little of my attention these days! :yumyum:

Boy are you right about that stereo. Boost sounds so freakin cool!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i have stock deck and crackly speakers and dont give a rats ass.

i remember my first experience w/ boost. omg it was like finding elightenment, i was 16 and had just purchased supra in january, it went straight to garage cus of snow and i had not even driven it, i just looked at it waiting for snow to melt. i litteraly bought the car and never drove it for a month just heard it idle. well march came arround and i got tired of waiting. it was like 10pm parents were gone so i snuck it out no insurance, to this back road i was going hella slow not even 1700 rpms i was soo nervous i had never driven anything bigger than a tempo, and 16 alone on the road i said ok, here i go, i came up on a hill and looked down, nothing but street lights. i pushed down and heard the spool for first time in my life, i thought it was high pitched gear sounds and said what the ..... then the boost guage shot in the corner in my eye to 6psi and i got pushed into my seat. i distinctly remember saying "FUCK!!" and i was gone i heard the turbo i just kept on it within a few seconds i was going 90 i let off and was just shaking in the seat going "oh god oh god oh god" i went straight home paranoid as all hell that i was gonna get swarmed by cops put it in the garage turned it off and just looked at my car for a good hour. it sat there and i watched it for another month before i got it insured and ready to drive. i will ALWAYS remember the night i felt/heard/lived boost.
welcome to our world man.

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Boost, yes, my drug of choice.

I too experienced the boost for the 1st time (while in the driver seat) about 2 weeks ago. Soooo badass.

I especially love crusing and jus when I start to hit about 1800 RPM, I can hear it start to spool. LOVE IT.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
91T breezen' said:

I had a Apexi on it til I found out it wasn't "carb approved" so I sold it and bought a K&N intake cuz it is "carb approved". Its the same damn thing though.

Anyhoo, yes, on my list to buy is an mbc and a 3" exhaust. :icon_cool

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
americanjebus said:
i have stock deck and crackly speakers and dont give a rats ass.

i remember my first experience w/ boost. omg it was like finding elightenment, i was 16 and had just purchased supra in january, it went straight to garage cus of snow and i had not even driven it, i just looked at it waiting for snow to melt. i litteraly bought the car and never drove it for a month just heard it idle. well march came arround and i got tired of waiting. it was like 10pm parents were gone so i snuck it out no insurance, to this back road i was going hella slow not even 1700 rpms i was soo nervous i had never driven anything bigger than a tempo, and 16 alone on the road i said ok, here i go, i came up on a hill and looked down, nothing but street lights. i pushed down and heard the spool for first time in my life, i thought it was high pitched gear sounds and said what the ..... then the boost guage shot in the corner in my eye to 6psi and i got pushed into my seat. i distinctly remember saying "FUCK!!" and i was gone i heard the turbo i just kept on it within a few seconds i was going 90 i let off and was just shaking in the seat going "oh god oh god oh god" i went straight home paranoid as all hell that i was gonna get swarmed by cops put it in the garage turned it off and just looked at my car for a good hour. it sat there and i watched it for another month before i got it insured and ready to drive. i will ALWAYS remember the night i felt/heard/lived boost.
welcome to our world man.

Good story. And yes, I was the same way...only older, but had no insurance. I just got done with the rebuild and couldn't wait to get insurance so I took it for a spin. On a back road I opened it up a litte and yes, literaly said "Oh fuck" as I was grinning. Took it back and waited another 2 weeks to drive it again.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Great stories! I first experienced boost in the passenger seat of a 450rwhp t-61 mkiii ala "supradean", a few years back, 99'- 2000' or so. This fool decides not to warn me, and I nearly get whiplash from how freaking hard this thing pulled. Sideways up through 5th. My words were also "OH SHIT!"