valve seals question

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Just need to know which one of the seals are for the exhaust and which is for the intake side.

They are differently colored. One is more golden in color and the other set is silver.
Any help will be great.
Thanks,
Moe

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I think an easy way to tell is by looking on the inner rim. The ex and in sides seat differently. One has an extra circular rib in it, but unfortunately I can't remember which is which. I hope someone will be able to tell you.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Man, I kick myself everytime I think about this. I did not know that the exhaust and intake valve seals were different untill I had my head back together. I guess I will find out how bad it will be when I finally fire the beast up. I think I remember seeing something on supraforums or clubna-t.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
shit i just did my buddys 2jz, and I dont remember.. Look at the old ones.. They're a little different. The top of the metal before the spring/rubber one will have a rubber (on the metal as it bends towards the top rubber part) coating the other will not.

IIRC the golds went on the intake side, grey/silver on exhaust

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
tissimo;952042 said:
shit i just did my buddys 2jz, and I dont remember.. Look at the old ones.. They're a little different. The top of the metal before the spring/rubber one will have a rubber (on the metal as it bends towards the top rubber part) coating the other will not.

IIRC the golds went on the intake side, grey/silver on exhaust

Yeah thanks guys. I was able to figure it out today as I did not have a conlcusive answer when I last looked at this post. I just pulled out the old one and compared.

Tiss... you are correct.

The gold one is for the Intake. Its slightly taller than the exhaust ones also.
The Silver one is for the Exhaust.

Thanks guys.
Moe

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
So, do you guys think I am screwed since I did mine wrong? I wonder why they are taller and if they are the same diameter on the inside part that actually seals?