Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1, 2…now 3.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Never mind ^ saw your post on being into them about 150 on the injector thread. Did you figure out exactly what years/models these came in? I have seen a couple TBs listed for sale that have yellow top injectors with a black body instead of silver. Figured they were the same but one listing gave a different p# that was supposedly on the injector so I am second guessing that.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks very much for reading all this.
As for injectors, i wanna say 2000-2007 arctic cat F7 and F8.
You can always message an ebay seller and ask them to get the part number off the side of one of the injectors, to be sure.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
I bought those same smoked clear markers and front turns for my 87, really liked the way they almost disappear and become part of the trim pieces when not lit.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
That's what I'm hoping for, Bogwon.
So today, I did a little bit of front bumper work.
There were a number of gouges in the urethane, places where it had either cracked from age, or cooked away under the sun. Surprisingly, the repair was quite easy.
I bought a 2-part bumper repair material made by Bondo. Basically a JB-Weld type deal, but with the same level of elasticity as urethane once hardened.
I used a dremel bit to grind down each crack and pitted area into clean urethane, mixed up the Bondo, and filled in. I waited about an hour, and then sanded down all the areas to a level, smooth finish.

I also got my rubber channel trim in the mail, and it fits the edge of the S2 quite well. Tomorrow, I will try to mount the airguide onto the bumper.

All those gray trails along the tan urethane are filled areas.
p2046248_1.jpg

p2046248_2.jpg

I should be getting some other necessary parts in this week as well.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, this is a hint of what it will eventually look like....sorta.
There's more stuff to install up there before it takes final shape.

p2046315_1.jpg

Billybob9187

Mar 9, 2015
Stockton Ca
Just read the whole thing for the first time and I have to admit when I bought my first Supra 2 months ago I had an idea of what I wanted to do under the hood. Now that I have read your thread I now have pictures that confirm my ideas are possible. Thank you and keep up the hard work.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for reading all of it, Billybob.
More to come on the bodywork. All mods on the outside will be kept quite tame.
AKA- No body kits or flares, just a couple of mild touches. Today, I was playing with my old hood, just experimenting with an extra MR2 vent lying around.
Don't know if it'll even make it onto the car, but I figured- extra hood, extra vent....have fun.

p2046576_1.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Probably a good choice. Most people cut out the grill to make a 'big mouth' look, but don't blend in or clean up the cut mount points, and don't support the lower section in any way, causing it to distort.
Clean 89+ bumpers are getting harder to find.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
On a side note, I finally got my second Supra.
I have been looking actively(money in hand) for over 2 months, for a decent car east of the Mississippi, and nothing was available at all, that fit my description:
1. CLEAN, in and out
2. NA as a preference
3. MANUAL tranny
4. Targa or 91-92 moonroof
5. As close to stock as possible.

I was closing in on an NA in Tampa, although the price was $1500 higher than I felt it should be...when I came across this:

p2047935_1.jpg

p2047935_2.jpg

1989 Turbo Targa 5speed, in the same color as my project car.
The motor needed completion after a HG swap, but it's ALL stock, even down to the radio. The only exception to this, is that the seats were redone by a previous owner to
a two-tone black/ grey tweed...and I gotta say that I dig it. I'll post up a pic of it when I get a chance. Now here's the bonus:
The guy who sold it to me had literally filled the interior with brand new OEM, hoses, belts, sensors, plug wires, and gaskets, as well as:
Brand new HKS dragger exhaust
New Fluidyne radiator
New Flex-A-lite 410 fans
Lexus AFM
Stainless T4 manifold
I'm very grateful to this guy, because he cut me a HELL of a deal, AND...he towed it down to me from Chatanooga.
I might start a build thread on this one as well, but it will remain more or less stock, with the possible exception of some TT wheels, and the Drager exhaust.
The other goodies will be sold.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Not much has been going on with the '88 recently, as i've been focusing temporarily on the new '89 so i can get it running as a daily driver. But i did finish a little pet project for her. Withe the IC setup and front lip on, I was afraid that the front tow hooks would be somewhat useless, so I decided to make one with a little extra(admittedly ricelike) pizazz:

p2048355_1.jpg

p2048355_2.jpg

This one should be solid, as the mount is all welded steel, and mounts through one of the two bumper-to-framerail bolts.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
That other car is a nice find.
Interesting tow hook. I have something like that but not hinged. (It's hinged, right?)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
No, they're sort of centered on the frame rail.
This is why my tow hook comes straight out of one of the side holes, because it is bolted to the frame rail.