Mk3 7M-GE MPG

H

Hofajoab

Hi,

New to supras and i recently replaced my rod-knocking engine with a good one (still have a low lumpy idle problem that i need to solve) but i have a question..

what sort of MPG should i be getting around town? i worked it out to be about 18MPG :eek: . On the old broken engine i had done 250miles from Full to Half of a tank (motorway miles) so i was expecting about 25MPG or thereabouts.

Do i have a problem or should this sort of MPG be expected?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
thats kinda low for a NA ....get your idle problems fixed, check for any fuel leakings since im sure fuel lines were seperated in the new engine install, and replace the fuel filter and see where you stand.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I've always gotten 18mpg on my NA. I recently ran some fuel injector cleaner through, and now I get at least 20mpg, and as high as 24mpg. Can't hurt to run some through. Wow I don't believe you got 250 miles to the half tank, thats when I fill up. Maybe I got something wrong :D.

H

Hofajoab

Squid699 said:
haha his fuel sender is sticking. It takes forever to get to half, then it just plummets to 'E'.

lol, yeah that's exactly how it went! at first i thought "wow, this ain't so bad on fuel!".. then i thought "what the.. eh, where's my fuel!"