High Compression Pistons

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, I woulgn't go much higher on a daily driver. I'd say get your head machined if you need to and get a thinner headgasket.

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
no he could actually run 11 and be fine he'd have to run 110 oct. gas though he could get away with 93 oct. but there will be valve noise. got a friend doing this and runs fine. oh yeah to the original point JE makes custom and so does ross go to rabidchimp.com for the roos pistons there 775 i think for a custom set any bore and comp. ratio. for the custom JE's gotta go to them.

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Lots of cars run higher than stock compression on pump gas. I don't know about the 7M specficlly, but I really don't think its a particularly detionation prone combusion chamber design. Plus, even on N/A engines the stock ign timing maps are conservitave enough to keep it from pinging.
Milling the head and thin headgaskets change the quench area in the head, and if high compression pistons are avalible it will almost always the second choice for higher compression.
Most cars you can pretty easily go one point up in compression. Thats most cars, maybe there is something I don't know about the 7M. My last car I went one point up in compression and advanced the ignition timing 2 degrees and it was great. Never any problems.

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
HellsLegion said:
Oh man you should of seen the grin in my face when I looked at thoes.

Hows the progress Mr. 101?
:biglaugh: Moving right along making the ITB manifold got me really pumped!

IJ. said:
But you're a little odd Allan ;)
Hey now...my mommy said I was special:biglaugh:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
9.2:1 is nothing, you can easily go higher.

If the piston is designed poorly, look at defiants-his look good, then you will pass a point of diminishing returns. You can encounter poor mixing or even detonation.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
You could very easily go higher like the others have said, I personaly wouldn't go higher than 10:1 on my daily driver. I would be afraid of reliability problems. Is this your daily driver or a track car?

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Sl1dewaysSupra said:
I would be afraid of reliability problems. Is this your daily driver or a track car?

Like what?

If something is not reliable on the street it certainly won't be reliable on the track!

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
No, I mean couldn't normal stop go traffic and lower engine speeds kinda fubar a thing like this? I totally understand what you are saying BosoMKII and agree. On the other hand, the car is going to be stressed and pushed harder on the track than it would on the streets. Thats why I asked if it was his daily driver or weekend track car. Granted any race car is tuned to give the max perf. it can from any RPM range. This is a main goal of any race car. I'm just saying that I wouldn't go as balls out w/ my daily driver as I would w/ my track car.

NA86.5

NA-T Complete Yo
Jan 20, 2006
Alice Tx
yes its my daily driver.My plan is to try to get about 300 to 350 all motor hp which in my eyes is totally different.cause everyone knows that the turbo supras can make those power numbers easy. But if some were to make a all motor supra it will catch everyone off guard and thats why iam getting ready for a hardcore build. Iam going to try to make the 300 to 350 all motor hp mark any help is welcome.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Defiant_7m is already doing that ;o

Be prepared to eat away a lot of cash if you're gonna try this.