z32 then hopefully mkiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
well heres the deal.. at 17 my dad gave me the keys to his 87 mkiii supra. well, within 6 months he took it back and asked me to sell it for him, and now i have a 6 grand budgetish and am looking for a car. i originanlly planned on getting an mkiv non turbo and swapping a 2jzgte in after a few months, which would save loads of cash.. but i just cant find an mkiv cheap enough. so im going to wait till april and get one then. my question is, what car should i buy in the meantime till then. i want a twin turbo preferably, but idk. i was looking at vr4's but again, too expensive and they are notorious for their problems. z32's are nice, but expensive maintenance and hard to find. so i think im gonna go with an na z32. thoughts?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I *very* rarely respond to locked threads, this, however, could use a bit of elaboration if only for clarity.

So, what's wrong with this thread? Allow me to show you.
- It is in the Mk4 section, and has virtually nothing to do with Mk4s. They are mentioned in passing, that's it.
- It is asking for opinions about cars that aren't Supras. Hell, they aren't even Toyotas. Look at the top of the page, notice the title says Supramania? That should be a hint.
- The one mention of the Mk4 Supra is that they are too expensive (really? gee, that's a new one) so you're going to wait 4 months to buy one. HUH? Are you planning on murdering your grandparents and collecting on the will or something? Otherwise, you are SOL, as sports car prices are traditionally lowest in winter and start to rise again by spring. Anything that is too expensive now is going to be even more expensive by April.
- The guy who posts a helpful answer gets slammed for ... well, what exactly, being helpful? Where I grew up, if you asked for suggestions and got something in return, you say Thanks. Even if the suggestions don't fit the bill, at least they made the effort. And believe me, responding to a thread this far off topic is effort.

IJ locked this, and I agree. It's the job of the staff here to attempt to keep things on topic while trying to keep things from going overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.