you guys see the top secret supra on ebay?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Zumtizzle;1054472 said:
The 2JZ was designed by a Firm In Germany and the 3S is a Yamaha Design, (kinda like a 7M head and a 4A style block.) ;)

This is a very common misconception.. True that it was outsourced for refinement, but you forget one thing, we already had the 1JZ which is identical component wise in many ways to the 2JZ. There are definitely changes but there are also similarities.

I would like to see proof that anything other than the head is yamaha design on any of these motors.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Rennat;1054525 said:
really? do you have a link to a site that talks about this? i would love to read about this.

I'll do one better.

http://www.hotfrog.de/Firmen/Johann-A-Krause-Maschinenfabrik
^the supposed firm that refined the Yamaha 1JZ into the 2JZ Monster. :evil2:

Dylan JZ;1054543 said:
This is a very common misconception.. True that it was outsourced for refinement, but you forget one thing, we already had the 1JZ which is identical component wise in many ways to the 2JZ. There are definitely changes but there are also similarities.

I would like to see proof that anything other than the head is yamaha design on any of these motors.

If you put the 1JZ longblock alongside the 2JZ. MANY MANY similarities.

Except the crank and exhaust valves. ;)

I wish proof could come up. I'm just going off of what some OG supra owners have told me.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Zumtizzle;1054863 said:
I'll do one better.

http://www.hotfrog.de/Firmen/Johann-A-Krause-Maschinenfabrik
^the supposed firm that refined the Yamaha 1JZ into the 2JZ Monster. :evil2:

If you put the 1JZ longblock alongside the 2JZ. MANY MANY similarities.

Except the crank and exhaust valves. ;)

I wish proof could come up. I'm just going off of what some OG supra owners have told me.

yep.. they certainly did a decent job I'll give them that. I've always wondered if the sequential twins was their design. I know toyota manufactured everything in the blueprints but what precisely they designed would be interesting (to me at least).

your response was not what I expected, very nice. you're correct for the most part I just figured you were like some that claim that firm revolutionized, rather than just small improvements here and their that ended up really benefitting the motor.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Dylan JZ;1054865 said:
yep.. they certainly did a decent job I'll give them that. I've always wondered if the sequential twins was their design. I know toyota manufactured everything in the blueprints but what precisely they designed would be interesting (to me at least).

your response was not what I expected, very nice.

You know we had a long debate about that in a SF chat, but we all came to an agreement, sequential < parallel. ;)

But it does have toyota vsv's and if you put the 1JZ and 2JZ clusterfuck of twins next to each other besides the vsv's and the "flapper" nothing else besides size is really there difference wise.........

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Zumtizzle;1054869 said:
You know we had a long debate about that in a SF chat, but we all came to an agreement, sequential < parallel. ;)

But it does have toyota vsv's and if you put the 1JZ and 2JZ clusterfuck of twins next to each other besides the vsv's and the "flapper" nothing else besides size is really there difference wise.........

agreed. I think I vaguely remember a thread of that sort.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
So if someone really wanted to know the R&D of the 2JZ. I bet i could ask one of my German friends to call and speak to an engineer there and see what actual blueprints or logs look like. (if they release that info, or hell someone even remembers the 2JZ. ;)) We're talking almost 18 years assuming improvements of the Yamaha design at Johann A. Krause Maschinenfabrik GmbH began in 1990, when the 1JZ debuted in the A70. But at this point, i'm just happy to know what little of the 1JZ to 2JZ transformation i know.