xplod subs into supra

toyMKIII

cars and guitars
Jun 20, 2012
Philadelphia
Well, I have somewhat of a random question that I suppose could pertain to any car, but in my case is in relation to my Supra(1987).... I have a nice Sony Xplod setup which on one side of the box is an amp and on the other is a sub-woofer. The amp and sub are internally wired together within the box but I am unsure of what I should buy to hook the system up because ran out of the box is a female harness.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I've tried to find the male harness that runs an amp wiring kit to the head unit but have had no luck =(

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
You need an aftermarket deck with at least two RCA connections on the back of it to connect to the amp. Then run the blue remote wire from amp to deck harness. Ground the amp, connect power. Done & done.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

doonsuka

May 27, 2011
AZ
If your taking about the RCA's, you can also buy a converter for like $20 at any stereo shop, that you splice into your factory speaker wires that will convert the signal to your amp, so you can run your subs without an aftermarket deck. Be careful of how cheap you go with it though because the cheap ones are known to cause road noise.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
If you take pictures of the wires in question, I can tell you what to connect. A harness is not absolutely necessary either. And you can find a Sony deck with sub pre-outs at any pawn shop for between $20-$50 depending on what you want.

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

toyMKIII

cars and guitars
Jun 20, 2012
Philadelphia
Thanks guys this is great. I have been away from home forever so sorry to be so unresponsive on my end. I am at work right now but will snap some pictures for you and have them up hopefully soon if I get some free time.

Thanks much!