WOT Issue - Hangs, No acceleration, Backfires - NOT in limp mode

bryan767

Jul 27, 2009
Maryland
i posted a thread earlier but the symptoms have somewhat changed.

essentially. when in WOT and in D (doesn't happen in L or 2) my engine sort of hangs and doesnt really accelerate past 4k rpm but after a backfire it will keep accelerating. i installed a greddy bcc and it didnt really seem to do too much. i know before i was hitting boost cut but it was only part of the problem.

-now i know it sounds like limp mode, but if i accelerate normally all the way up the engine doesnt hang and doesnt back fire.
-if i get up into the highest gear on the auto tranny and mash the gas it wont back fire or hang either

the problem only arises from a speed 0-25ish and if i mash the gas to WOT and keep it there.

i think the problem is either my:

fuel pump
-filter
-injectors
-rail
boost leak?
wastegates hanging

at this point im starting to think the fuel pump cant handle the 1jzgte at WOT but i thought the stock sc300 pumps were the same as a supras. and i have done the 12v hack so the pump is always running on 12v instead of switching between 9v and 12v (fuel economy i guess?).
maybe when i mash the gas, the fuel pump cant keep up? maybe im in need of a new pump? because im going to be going holset single turbo soon