WOOHOO just passed my first ASE's!

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
WOO so i have been planning to take my first ASE tests ever since i left high school, and here i am just about half a year later and i passed 4 of my first tests! Im pretty excited, they were the pencil and paper tests so i had to wait an agonizing month for my results. I took A1 engine repair A3 Manual drive train/axle A4 suspension/steering and A8 engine perf. Almost took A5 brakes but backed out at the last minuet because i didn't want to take 4 tests in one day, especially having it be my first time. I am hoping this will help me a little bit to find a job sort of in the field in this time of bad economic state. I have never had a job in the field and im only 18, so i am hopeful but not counting on it. I have quite a bit of experience in winning a number of automotive troubleshooting competitions (first in california for many!) which had a lot of different aspects of diagnostics and troubleshooting and im currently going to Universal Technical Institute here in Arizona on a scholarship!

Anyways i just needed to let it out as its 2 am and no friends are available to tell! :biglaugh:

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
congrats!i am in the process of signing up for testing myself...word of advise take the advanced electrical test if you are hoping to find a job in the field soon...andtake the brakes asap to you'll find a job everywhere...also i heard its one of the easiest i hear...how bad was steering?

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I have three of them knocked out... brakes, electrical, and engine performance... and if you were to ask me - the electrical is by far the easiest one to pass... it only goes over basic theory for the most part.

Brakes is also an easy one - so I suggest that you take that one whenever you first can, because the more that you have the better it looks on your resume.

Good luck on the job hunt... and you gotta remember, your ASE's aren't full blown certs until you get the work experience behind you... right now you have just shown you know the material, and most workplaces want to see that you can actually do the work... it sucks but that is just the way it is...

Congrats though, sometimes those boogers can be a real pain in the ass.