Wiring in wide band and 2 step to stinger EMS

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Ive looked and i'm still stumped, I don't get how to wire in my Bosch 5 wire oxygen sensor and the 2 step feature in to the stinger EMS. Id appreciate id someone with experience could help me out..

Thanks, Marcus

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
I just did this on a 6860 with an innovate LC-1 wideband. The stinger and 6860 from what i gather are very similar. For the 6860 you take the brown wire from it and hook it up to the analog output from your o2 sensor. Then load hook up your computer and read your ecu map. Go to ECU Setup. From there go the bottom right side and go to Closed loop Lambda and click on lambda sensor. Choose your 5 wire o2. Choose your target CLOSED loop not open loop, CLOSED loop A/F ratio. I think i set mine at 14.6 select an allowable change. I think i put this value at like 10%. From there assuming you connected the power, ground, etc you should be ready to play around. Make sure that if you have to calibrate the sensor you do it correctly. The LC-1 was a bit of a pain, because of the calibration and the fact you need to change the values it registers to the 6860 by using a laptop. I hope this helps you out. I checked on the software for stinger and the menu is the same as the 6860. Good luck.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
What help are you looking for? Did you wire the wideband o2 sensor and set it up? As for the 2 step feature I'm not sure what you are referring to. The stinger does not offer 2 step launch control. The 6860 and the 8860 do that. If your talking about 2 step rev limiter then that can be easily setup on the ecu setup page. Just input a soft rev limit and a hard rev limit and write it to the ecu.

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
It does, I put in the soft rev limit but its activated all the time. When i wire up the switch and push the switch thats supposed to activate it, the engine just cuts off.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Can the stinger take a wideband sensor directly? Usually you need a controller that's hooked up to the wideband that then outputs a voltage reading to the standalone.

mjrsplat

Dec 14, 2010
ohio
bump any help with this? i have an innovate lc1 id like to hook with my stinger, which wire from the wideband do you hook into the aux input? and how do you get the 2 step to work with stinger and a mk3 supra

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Well I now have AntiLag building at 18 psi. I ordered the Rush Racing Anti-Lag/Launch Control that only has 3 wires! I wired it up to the 7M CPS on my 2J, and fireballs are standard!

Just wire up the ground - to a constant negative ground. (Must always be constant, no switches for this)
Wire up the positive + to the clutch pedal (most convenient) or switch.
Wire the last wire to the CPS sensor wires. There are four so use the reddish/orangish looking one coming out of the Cam position sensor CPS.

I'll try to get a pick eventually. Click my link in sig for vid. Note the launch was hooked to a switch so that burnout was still in anti-lag mod :(

Last edited: