Wiring Help w/ PLX-R500 & Maft-Pro

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Well here's the scenario:

I've got a PLX-R500 wideband computer. It is a very sophisticated wideband with several different speed and analog outputs.

I've got one remaining Analog output which I'd like to use to display boost on the wideband. However, I'm unsure where exactly I'd tap into in order to get this reading.

I'm using a Maft-Pro w/ speed density. I believe I need to tap into the map sensor since the AFM is no longer being used. Where exactly would I do this?

IIRC, the map sensor has 3 wires. Would I need to tap into one of these wires?

Thanks in advance (Co-written by Shaeff)

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
I believe the easiest way to do this would be to use one of the Maftpro's analog outputs, Vout1 or Vout2, assuming you're not already using both of them for something else.

Then you set the correct parameter in the 'pro. Something like the 3 bar map sensor simulation.

I'm not sure exactly what the "sensor simulation" output gives you, and I couldn't find a reference on it from fullthrottletech, so it'll need some testing!

Failing that, I don't see why you couldn't tap into the correct (green) wire coming from the map sensor, assuming your PLX unit understands the voltage range it's going to be getting.

Last edited:

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
JimR;1289912 said:
I believe the easiest way to do this would be to use one of the Maftpro's analog outputs, Vout1 or Vout2, assuming you're not already using both of them for something else.

Then you set the correct parameter in the 'pro. Something like the 3 bar map sensor simulation.

I'm not sure exactly what the "sensor simulation" output gives you, and I couldn't find a reference on it from fullthrottletech, so it'll need some testing!

Failing that, I don't see why you couldn't tap into the correct (green) wire coming from the map sensor, assuming your PLX unit understands the voltage range it's going to be getting.

Great response. Thank you very much! I will let you know how I make out.

-Mo

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
How hard was it to convert to speed density? Did the Maft Pro come with the sensors or did you have to source them out separately? Thanks, Andy.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
IBoughtASupra;1299346 said:
How hard was it to convert to speed density? Did the Maft Pro come with the sensors or did you have to source them out separately? Thanks, Andy.

Dddduuuuuuddddeeee... you gotta do a little more research! :)

Have a look at the companies that sell the maftpro. Or just do a search on here.

Yes I could have just told you the answer, but I would love it if you take a little more time and learn about this system. You're going to need that patience and knowledge if you ever decide to wire it up.