Wire harness splice

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Can someone point me to a company/website where I can get those wire splices?

fig_02.jpg

Thanks

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
I have no clue where to find them. But why splice when you can solder? It will make a better connection, never come loose, or corrode.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Actually, in many instances in a car environment, crimp connectors are superior. There is a reason why the OEM wire harness aren't soldered, but are always crimped.

At any kind of fixed location where vibration is a factor (ie, most conectors in a car) a crimped connector is better, because it allows for small amounts of motion, which distributes the stress points on the wire. The result is a more durable connection.

Or that's the theory anyway. ;)

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
That's exactly right :thumbup:

Dan_Gyoba;1007191 said:
Actually, in many instances in a car environment, crimp connectors are superior. There is a reason why the OEM wire harness aren't soldered, but are always crimped.

At any kind of fixed location where vibration is a factor (ie, most conectors in a car) a crimped connector is better, because it allows for small amounts of motion, which distributes the stress points on the wire. The result is a more durable connection.

Or that's the theory anyway. ;)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Heh. I say that, however, seeing as how the crimping equipmeht that I have sucks, I solder all my stuff anyway, then use heat shrink tubing to provide strain relief.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Dan_Gyoba;1007287 said:
Heh. I say that, however, seeing as how the crimping equipmeht that I have sucks, I solder all my stuff anyway, then use heat shrink tubing to provide strain relief.

I bought this tool especially for these splices, now I cant find them
TCT1028_Large_1.jpg