Will this wheel setup work?

ocerrahyan

Feb 13, 2009
maryland
Hi everyone,
I searched for about 2 days off and on and checked out the wheel fitment sticky but found nothing. Im looking at a set of 17 x 10s for the rear and maybe 17 x 9s in the front. I would appreciate the wheel and tire gurus to help provide input on this. Curious about rubbing? Anyone running a similar setup could they let me know if they rolled the fenders or what else may be a concern? Also, could you please provide the suggested tires you run with them?

My car is a 1992 Supra Turbo 5spd. Currently lowered about an inch all around.

Size Pattern Offset Backspace Lip Depth
17X9 5X4.5 24mm 5.95" 1.04"
17x10 5X4.5 20mm 6.25" 3.16"

thanks in advance guys / gals.
Big Tony.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Should fit just fine. If it were me I'd run a 255 front and 275 rear with wheels that size, depending on suspension and alignment settings, you should be fine as far as rubbing is concerned...

By the way, there is an awesome thread about this sort of thing that is stickied in the Mk3 General section. ;)

ocerrahyan

Feb 13, 2009
maryland
te72;1777027 said:
Should fit just fine. If it were me I'd run a 255 front and 275 rear with wheels that size, depending on suspension and alignment settings, you should be fine as far as rubbing is concerned...

By the way, there is an awesome thread about this sort of thing that is stickied in the Mk3 General section. ;)
Thank you te72, I did look in there and after about 50 pages or such i realized the front page had all the available tires sizes and wheels sizes and mine just wasnt listed. Nonetheless, i appreciate your feedback. Im really interested in the SC Replica Mustang wheels which is where those sizes come from. Several 240's have them in the area and since i put my GN in the garage, the supra has a budget for some wheels...i really like the SC replicas and i swear someone on this forum is wearing a pair on their supra but in a smaller size.. I had Supra MK4 wheels on it before and those got stolen weeks ago (no thanks to the wheel locks) and im in the market for something simple, no shine, just silver SC Replicas.