Wierd oil Leak? Help

cesupra

May 20, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I have this odd build up of oil type stuff on my exhaust manifold that i can't figure out where its coming from. Has anyone seen this or have an idea what this may be? Can anyone help me please?

Attachments

• ex-leak.jpg
    ex-leak.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 48

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
CPS...

and I hope you use your stock heatshields, unless you want to blow a coolant line or fry your wiring on that side of the engine (ask me how I know). Looks like there is antisieze on those studs, but can't really tell, so sorry if you do use em and I didn't notice...

cesupra

May 20, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Poodles;915453 said:
CPS...

and I hope you use your stock heatshields, unless you want to blow a coolant line or fry your wiring on that side of the engine (ask me how I know). Looks like there is antisieze on those studs, but can't really tell, so sorry if you do use em and I didn't notice...

Thank you all for the feedback so far, yes I do use my heat shields. I just took em off for the purpose of trying to figure out the oil leak. I'll look into the CPS o-ring.

91toy

Jan 26, 2008
manitoba
cesupra;915626 said:
Thank you all for the feedback so far, yes I do use my heat shields. I just took em off for the purpose of trying to figure out the oil leak. I'll look into the CPS o-ring.

What do your heat shields look like? I had a drip from the hose that goes up to the 3000 pipe. I was told it is from oil vapour that by-passed the seals in the turbo. I tightened up the hose clamps and everything is good now.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Sounds like you're talking about the PCV system. Doesn't look like it could possibly be at fault in this case.