Wideband in stock 1JZ Y pipe?

sfgsdfg999

Apr 17, 2014
IL
Any thoughts on placing a wideband where the orig O2 sensor (narrow) mounts in the Y pipe? I don't know what the EGT would be there and am concerned it's probably too high. Running stock twins currently with 3" DP and 3" straight pipe back, no cat. I have an AEM UEGO gauge installed on the bung in the DP(only one bung) and am installing the ECUMaster EMU that uses WB. I kinda like the gauge where it is now, mounted where I can see it really easily but don't want to ruin a WB sensor because of temp.
Thanks!

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
You going to machine the cast iron y pipe to a wide band bung? Just use the one on the downpipe and block off the narrow band.

sfgsdfg999

Apr 17, 2014
IL
no, I have a couple adapter plates that have the two hole mount but threaded hole for WB sensor - already using the 1 bung on the DP

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
It would be easy enough to add another on the down pipe since you are ditching the stock ecu. I would block off the narrow band but leave it unused on the y pipe in case I had to revert back to stock ecu.

sfgsdfg999

Apr 17, 2014
IL
appreciate all the input, I'm going single in the fall/winter so will have a diff DP all together, just looking for the rest of this season. I think I'll play it safe and use the EMU bluetooth function on a tablet for AFR and see if I can trade the AEM WB for an EGT sensor - if anyone's interested let me know (AEM 30-4100 w/ LSU 4.2). thanks!