Why arent we making 1500 HP?

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
My plan is a 600hp daily setup, with a big setup that might make 4 digits possible... we'll see.. Mike, give me a call so I can shoot some ideas off you.(get my number from Chris if you have to)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
drjonez said:
MKIV owners are rich stupid snobs paying for work....MKIII owners are broke/cheap kids doing their own work.

And some people make asshole generalizations...

Jonez, I respect you but sometimes you say some really stupid shit...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Supracentral said:
And some people make asshole generalizations...

Jonez, I respect you but sometimes you say some really stupid shit...

yae he has big head but what can you do

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
IJ. said:
Alan: Thanks there's another Supra Myth squashed!

I still say it's not the best of ideas due to the shrouding of the CC wall.

Another issue in doing this would be the Seat diameter, to get decent flow gains through it you have to open it up and doing so is going to make it quite thin running the risk of dropping it out of the head if it can't maintain it's press fit.
Those are early pics..We have unshrouded the valves since then. We did pick up 10 cfm just by using the 2J valves. The head is using complete 2J valvetrain minus cams!

Nick M said:
I love your project. And think of it this way...know what 2JZ Supra is going to cost you?
Thanks man....LOL:biglaugh: 2JZ Supra NEVER!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Allan: LOL I was replying to Al Jordan but near enough! :)

When you unshrouded them did you retest?

How far back did you lay the chamber?

Just a bit concerned about losing the squish area in there.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
quick and easy 1.5 million dollars and a hefty waiting list...currently 1 in the US (last I checked)

for 1.5 million you better be able to make any car 1000 hp. A friggen 3cyl geo metro with 1.5 million in it should push 1000hp haha.

anyways...time, money, dedication, and experience is why (I think) the 7m isn't pushing far into the 1k hp range.
There are many company's out there using 2jz in full drag cars to promote themselves, and they were willing to dump the money into the research and development to make huge power, after doing so other people find out what they did to make the power, and then they don't have to spend so much money to make the same power. If somebody would dump a ton of money into the 7m and find out what needs to be done to make huge power...others could learn from it and make the power faster and cheaper.

^my opinion

on a side note: the 7m is gaining popularity and aftermarket backing, people are starting to put down more power and I think we'll begin to see the 7m numbers rise all around

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
billspreston01 said:
for 1.5 million you better be able to make any car 1000 hp. A friggen 3cyl geo metro with 1.5 million in it should push 1000hp haha.

settle down with the grand ideas there, i still have one of those and i don't think even for a million that car could do that... lol what it can do is save a million in gas so you can throw it at the supra instead...

later,
ross

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Could always do what some guys do and quote crank hp. :)

"Yeah? Well my drivetrain has a 85% loss so my 225whp number translates to about 1500crankhp!" :)

And how do you know what your drivetrain loss is?

"um... Timmy told me."

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
hks used a 7m supra dragger that was pushing 1000hp, didnt they? again, technological knowhow and a shitload of time and money got them there. im thinking the thing keeping us away from the 4 digit power figures (other than my 200.0 hp) is the time/money factor. i know i sure as hell dont have it, and probably never will. but then again, im not pushing for 1000 hp, ill settle with 350.