Who is competent with Itunes. I gotta question...

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
I have a compilation I would like to add to my ipod. I have tried in the past and just ended up with tons of files scattered around. I want all the songs in the compilation to be in the same folder.

Tonight I tried again. This time, I highlited all of the individual songs and clicked "get info" and changed the artist name to "90's music" and album name to 90's compilation or something like that.

It worked pretty well but I was only thinking about how to get everything into one folder when I did this. It didn't dawn on me that the artist name would be overwritten. I still have the individual song titles but not the artist name.

I understand why this happened (my own stupidity) and proceded to delete the entire folder with the intent of starting over once again. When I copied the folder to Itunes on my second attempt, the artist name for all the songs was still "90's music". I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Does anyone know how I can wipe this out and start fresh again?

Last edited:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Anth505;1498860 said:
I have a compilation I would like to add to my ipod. I have tried in the past and just ended up with tons of files scattered around. I want all the songs in the compilation to be in the same folder.

Tonight I tried again. This time, I highlited all of the individual songs and clicked "get info" and changed the artist name to "90's music" and album name to 90's compilation or something like that.

It worked pretty well but I was only thinking about how to get everything into one folder when I did this. It didn't dawn on me that the artist name would be overwritten. I still have the individual song titles but not the artist name.

I understand why this happened (my own stupidity) and proceded to delete the entire folder with the intent of starting over once again. When I copied the folder to Itunes on my second attempt, the artist name for all the songs was still "90's music". I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Does anyone know how I can wipe this out and start fresh again?

rip songs to specified location-creat folder. Once songs ripped open Itunes and add that folder to your library