Where to race????

veedubin

Official SM Decals
I'm looking to get into racing, more so than the weekend drags. Problem is, I can't find anywere to go? I was all over SCCA's site and didn't get much info. I live in Lancaster county, PA so I know I'll have to make a drive to get to anywere, but I'm just not sure where. Or if there are any other orginizations to look into. I'de really like to get into track racing, road course style. If anyone has any pointers or places I should look, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

veedubin

Official SM Decals
windsupra;1498750 said:
english town NJ has a road course now i dont know how far that is from u though.

I was actually looking at that yesterday online. It's a bit of a drive, but I think it would be a blast. too bad that's the only one I found. I keep hearing about pocono, but still unsure

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
my memory may be failing, but i believe theres lake mocatec speedway in pa near lake wallenpaupack, though i cant remember if its a quarter mile or not- couldnt find anything on google

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
In addition to SCCA check out NASA, Trackdaze, Chin and many others that offer track time. Keep in mind to race you'll need a properly prepped car and a license (with the required experience wihch is invaluable in keeping you safe) Those clubs all offer track time though which lets you get on track and drive as fast as you can while not racing.

I think SCCA does hill climbs in PA, Beavrun comes to mind and then the new NJMP (Jersey Motorsports Park) is up your way plus the historic Watkins Glen in NY.
Have fun out there,
Brian

veedubin

Official SM Decals
I've never heard of a few of those you mentioned. I'll be looking into them. as for th license, I think it was NJMP offers the classes to get the license. If i was looking at the right thing it's only like $225 or so for the time and testing to get the license. So I'll dig into that more when I don't have almost 3 foot of snow on my car.............. god damn ground hog had to see his shadow.